Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Start of the Maddness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, one of the things I enjoy about you best is how poetic and well spoken you are. You are definitely an inspiration.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you mean I am full of it, huh Coppah? Hmmmm, it didn't get me out of the speeding ticket though. I errr, couldn't produce a lisence on that particular occasion. It's not that I lost it or anything, it's just that I never had it to begin with, see. When the Cop said "I'd like to see your license" my reply was "so would I". I meant it too! I told him that I had neglected to apply for one (ever) and he thought it was hilarious: laughed all the while he patted me down, he did! It was good impetus to get a lawyer (and my license you bet!), and by some strange quirk in the Justice System it turns out I wasn't *really* speeding at all, but that I had failed to obey a traffic control person. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]

All seriousness aside (hee hee), I was born with the gift of blarney, sure. But all that I said I really mean, right to the tips of my tentacles. As for you, you keep right on doing what you are doing: you are a POWERHOUSE of generosity and sharing, and you know how good it feels. Even if nothing more were to come from it, the giving alone makes it worthwhile to the giver!

If you don't have it to give right now, then take your share and no worries, be happy! Your day will come. I promise, if you are good with the pygmy species, it will come next season at the very latest.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamlin, thanks a million for this offer! Instead of adding to your e-mail, I figured that I would just ask here: When should I send an SASE for the later season gemmae? Also, I sent you a PM question about gemmae a day before this... Sorry! Anyways, you are the greatest!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/unclesam.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    I am back..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lithopsman,

I'll dig out that message from the pile and reply to it.

(*Addendum: I just checked and it isn't there. Email it to me and I'll respond.)

You can send the SASE at any time. Just write "wait" on a note and dont forget the million dollars (optional) I need. hee hee. I will wait until I have a good assortment, but please let me know how many pots worth you have room for: I hate to waste the gemmae, and I have many many many many forms.

Anyone not getting more specific is going to get a default number of 4-5 species when I have them, unless you are requesting gemmae "NOW" in which case you will receive the D. paleaces ssp ? which are now ready to go out.

Keep in mind each species means you need room for a 4 inch pot in your set up. Because you have to keep the gemmae close to the tubes, you can only fit a row of pots 2 wide the length of a flourescent tube for best growth and color with the surface nearly touching the lights. You can't grow them well even 8 inches from the lights, they must be CLOSE.

Anyone got time to measure out how many pots will fit 2 deep along a standard 4 foot fixture? It might help others to assess their needs. Also remember, the lights are only needed until nice weather allows the plants to go outside in natural conditions (which they should do). For me this means October - April. A 2 tube unit costs almost nothing to run for 6 months, and the payback is worth it!

"Grow More, Share More"

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Nov. 01 2003,11:02)]Anyone got time to measure out how many pots will fit 2 deep along a standard 4 foot fixture?
    10-12 per row depending on the pots, so total of 20-24.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve. That helps visualize it very nicely.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    thank for post that about being close to the lights
    last time i tried gemmae they where like 8" away and never sprouted(or i guess i should say grew)
    now i know why(and when i get some i'll lower my lights or higher my pots)
    Thanks
    Oliver
    Oliver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    enoc22: I would say that the light this close help them to grow better, but if the light is more far away from the gemmae, the plants will sprout/grow anyway. I have sown a lot of differents species with a fluos 12" away in a cool basement with great success...

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast