What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emailed-ya! Btw the d.pulcella are growing leaves!And the u.subulata sre doing well!

Pondboy,

I didn't send you D. pulchella so it can't be growing. My plants just are starting to make gemmae. Better check your labels.

I am so excited! The gemmae finally arrived despite the postal service eating up three pakets of seeds and one pack of gemmae before this. Thanks for everything, Tamlin!
biggrin.gif

Can I join the gemmae list? Mine were all dead but one last season (squished and frozen) and the one didn't make it through it's first dormancey
sad.gif

Do you need my address again Tamlin? I think I still have yours around here somewere, I'll make a donation asap
smile.gif

Darcie, please read the specifics mentioning what I need, earlier in the post. I have a system designed to deal with the volume of growers I am sending to, but yes, you're in!

Hey all,

Please check your spellings with me! This is partly why I ask you to email me your lists of what I have sent, so I can review and correct the spellings BEFORE you redistribute your own gemmae next season.

Report thus far.  I am growing in 7" pots with a mix of peat, sand, and perlite.  This mix is 50% peat to 40%/10%.  The pots are within inches of my lights and in a nearly closed terrarium.  Thus far the gemmae have been doing well with two probably losses.  These gemmae, ericksoniae x pulchella and occidentalis ssp. australis, came on the same day and were crushed ( all others have arrvied fine).  I planted them anyway.  The occidentalis has not done anything and I will continue to wait.  The other is stranger.  The gemmae of the ericksoniae x pulchella (nep gracilis) was crushed to the point of the gemmae spliting.  I figured there was nothing lost by planting them.  The gemmae produce two separate plants out of each of the gemmae.  The plants, however, were weak and did not produce roots.  There were about 20 weak plants and one strong.  The strong is now the only one left.  It has several leaves and should make it.

The rest of the gemmae has produce very well.  Anyone else?

Tamlin,
Thanks once again for adding to my collection of pygmies.I can't wait until they start growing
biggrin.gif

Mark

Copper,
None of mine have started growing yet either.But they have oly been planted since the 5th,how usually does it take to see growth?
Mark

It varies too much from condition to condition and species to species to make any generalizations.

Tamilin,

Do you have enough for 1 more?

Rick

Hello Friends,

Just a heads up on anyone getting D. platystigma: the gemmae look a lot like D. nitidula ssp. omissa to me notw that I have bagged up a thousand or so of this species, so put a "?" on your labels for now. The plant did not flower for me last spring, so I am not positive in any case regarding this one.

Here is a list of stuff going out tomorrow:

Michael Chamberland
Andrew Beauchamp
Swee Hee
Sheriden Shumway
503 Whiting (No name? Well, lets hope this makes it.)
Glenn Petersen
Joe Griffin
Allen Gustin
Jeremiah Harris
Marie Paraday
Peter Pham
Giancarlo Carbone

Please send me an email with your new updated list when you get these, and include your address (including your FULL mailing name). Also let me know if you want more gemmae.

Cheers!

Thank you very much. I have put an SASE in the mail today.

Rick

Hello Tamlin,
I sent 2 SASEs back on October 25, 2003.  One tagged “D. paleacea” ssp unknown the other is your choice.  I recieved paleacea ssp. 2 #1  on 11/15/03, but have not recieved the other SASE yet.  Just checking to see if its still in the mix or on route.  Thanks for your time  
smile.gif

-Homer

NP Homer, yes, I have it. Waiting for a few more gemmae species, then off it goes. It won't be much longer ;-)

Tamlin,
do you have any more gemmae to spare?
biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Jason

Ooops.lol I meant palacea! Did you get my email?

I have nothing from Noah in my files. Please try again. BTW it is Drosera paleacea ;-)

Back