Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P. moransis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one extra package of four P. moransis gemmae. First responder gets it free.

enoc22 and Griffin do not need to respond. I have some set for your packages already.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ME ME!

This will hopefully be my second Ping!

SF

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got it!
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pinguicula moranensis produce gemmae?! I don't think so... It is either a temperate Pinguicula, such as P. vulgaris, or a pygmy Drosera which can produce gemmae... Unless you meant cuttings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, this was sent as a moransis. But you know how ID's can go. Snowy I will send the gemmae and we will ID when they flower.

I do have a vulgaris. The leaves are not the same, but this one has not flowered yet.

Thanks Tom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I can talk for a while about misIDed plants lol. Can you post a picture? I would be curious to have a look at it. Thank, and I hope you didn't find my post too arsh, its the feeling i had when i read it back :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure its not Pinguicula macroceras?

This N. American Ping has the most similar name to to 'moransis' that I can think of.

P. moranensis, is a mexican species and as Tom says, doesn't produce gemmae.

Vic
    They say that money talks, but all it ever says to me is goodbye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, it was sent labeled as moransis, but it was sent as a moransis (unknown) so I take it that it had not flowered for the sender as well. I label my pots immediately with the name the plant is labeled and who sent it. I will check out pictures of the macroceras.

No Tom. I believed that you were trying to save another mis-ID. I have no problem with this. I should have questioned this plant. It is a DUH. I know that moransis is tropical and just did not make the connection. I also found that a drosera sent in the same package was mis-IDed. It was sent as a normal bi, but branches 8 or more times. The Ping may be a vulgaris of a different type than I have. My vulgaris is making gemmae right now. It may also be a macro since that is another of the pings I requested, but did not (thought) receive. I suppose the sender may have gotten mixed up since they sent a large amount of plants to several people all at once.

As to a pygmy drosera, I am not that new [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img] Although I am new to Pings. The plant is a larger ping, approximately four inches across, but died back to a bud. The gemmae does not look like drosera gemmae, but small buds. They grow at the base of the plant. Prehaps they are not gemmae? But they deffinately are not plantlets.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast