What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing CP -- the easier way

Joseph Clemens

Staff member
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>My suggestion is that we who are desirous of collecting various CP being offered by generous growers, might want to consider making our shipping addresses available either in our signature or somewhere in our profiles. Why I say this is because I have received many very wonderful plants from altruistic people simply because I made my shipping address available.

Some generous growers may not want to go out of their way to discover your shipping address in order to provide a plant or seed to you. If they discover that you are looking for something, it would be expedient to have already provided the information that could bring it to you when you inquire about its availability.

Who knows, perhaps there is someone out there willing to share with you but not willing to "beg" you for the privilege.

I say, "Don't just ask to receive, provide your shipping address too".

Joseph Clemens
13090 W. Camino de Conejo
Tucson, Arizona 85743</span>

But showing your address to the world isn't the best thing to do though... There are weirdos out there that might try to do something.

Joseph,
The only problem with that is this is a public forum. ANYBODY who chooses to look can have your home address. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people out there who may choose to use that information for all kinds of devious behavior. You never know if some p**ed  off  person who gets banned from the forum might mail you a bomb or something under the guise of sending plants. Unfortunately its an all too common occourance in todays world.  
sad.gif
 I like the idea, and by no means do I want to play the role of spoiler here, but I also have to think of safety first. I just dont feel the idea is safe.

Steve

I guess its akin to swimming or taking a bath. If you don't put your foot in you won't know if the water is cool or warm. At best you might not ever learn to swim and at worst you may really start to smell bad.

My address, most others too is published in the phone book and is a public record at the department of motor vehicles with my vehicle registrations and drivers license.

Great Scott, am I going to be bombed then?!!! OK, I am brave and/or foolish, as you will!

Tamlin Dawnstar
42 East Oneida Street
Oswego, New York 13126

Send me some plants! No bombs though unless they are unprimed. I can redistribute unarmed bombs. I already know everybodys address, snicker.

I see the sense of both sides of this. Play it as you feel it.

PinguiculaMan aka Joseph Clemens, Rabbit Street? How in the world did it get that name?
rock.gif

Hmmmm. I, as always, would love more plants. I think it would be beneficial if the most generous sender was also to PM the receiver and let them know a package was coming. I am a little leary about packages I do not know are coming or who they are from. It happens.

Rose Witt
819 University St
Hastings, NE 68901

and thanks for anything that my come.

Hey,
I always welcome more plants into my collection. So please feel free to send me some! Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin P.
22604 SE 392 ST.
Enumclaw, WA 98022

And all you pycho mail fraud people who wish to send me anthrax...you think you've gotten my address, but its not
tounge.gif
. Its nobodies......
tounge.gif

Hi

well I dont know how many people will send me plants

Jeremiah Harris
712 Columbia Rd
Colorado Springs CO 80904

I agree with Copper that it would be nice to get a PM saying that something is on its way just so you kinda know...  But hey...  I am unable to turn down plants or seeds...  Thanks in advance.  
biggrin.gif

Andrew Beauchamp
765 W. Limberlost Dr. #29
Tucson Az. 85705

I don't really think this will work.......   but, anyone wanting to prove me wrong..........
cool.gif

Edit: I will take a moment to say no international pacakages...  I don't need a package comming to me and get caught in customs and I get in trouble any way...
rock.gif

and... growlist

It might be nice to post a link to a growlist too, that way people know what you already have. Here's mine Growlist

SF

I am always willing to take a risk with my address:

Rick Myers
4563 S Jamestown Ave
Tulsa, OK 74135

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. May everyone get a favorite CP for Christmas. Happy growing.

Rick

Right. Good idea.... surprise packages are always welcome (as long as they're not ticking)!

David Schloat
2706 Village Dr.
Brewster, NY 10509

Sorry to be a downer on the party here, but I agree with IceDragon and Steve on this one. Don't get me wrong, its good to see people looking on the bright side of things though, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable posting my address without someone having to at least go to some degree of effort to find me.

-Homer

This is indeed true... though in this day and age, it is difficult to keep your address and phone number safe even if you don't explicity post it. It took me less than two minutes to find yours, Homer.... it's all online. There isn't too much we can do... but not explicity posting it may help keep some of the slower less ambitious stalkers away. It is probably more effective to not post pics/ages/genders on forums than it is not to post an address to go with your name.

We will probably end up sending them to each other
laugh.gif

It is true. I can probably find out more information than you want me to with a keystroke or phone call.

I to do not think we will get many plants from this, but, then again, I am probably more likely to send out to people on this list first. When it is done I am going to download the addresses. If you that do not wish to be on this open list want to be on the my address list please PM your address to me. I give away my extras almost always.

No thanks. I will keep my address to myself. There could be nuts/weirdO's out there - ppl now have GP's give them power to find your address no problem.

Travis

Back