Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharing CP -- the easier way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion is that we who are desirous of collecting various CP being offered by generous growers, might want to consider making our shipping addresses available either in our signature or somewhere in our profiles. Why I say this is because I have received many very wonderful plants from altruistic people simply because I made my shipping address available.

Some generous growers may not want to go out of their way to discover your shipping address in order to provide a plant or seed to you. If they discover that you are looking for something, it would be expedient to have already provided the information that could bring it to you when you inquire about its availability.

Who knows, perhaps there is someone out there willing to share with you but not willing to "beg" you for the privilege.

I say, "Don't just ask to receive, provide your shipping address too".

Joseph Clemens
    13090 W. Camino de Conejo
    Tucson, Arizona 85743

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But showing your address to the world isn't the best thing to do though... There are weirdos out there that might try to do something.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joseph,
    The only problem with that is this is a public forum. ANYBODY who chooses to look can have your home address. Unfortunately there are unscrupulous people out there who may choose to use that information for all kinds of devious behavior. You never know if some p**ed off person who gets banned from the forum might mail you a bomb or something under the guise of sending plants. Unfortunately its an all too common occourance in todays world. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/sad.gif[/img] I like the idea, and by no means do I want to play the role of spoiler here, but I also have to think of safety first. I just dont feel the idea is safe.

Steve
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess its akin to swimming or taking a bath. If you don't put your foot in you won't know if the water is cool or warm. At best you might not ever learn to swim and at worst you may really start to smell bad.

My address, most others too is published in the phone book and is a public record at the department of motor vehicles with my vehicle registrations and drivers license.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Scott, am I going to be bombed then?!!! OK, I am brave and/or foolish, as you will!

Tamlin Dawnstar
    42 East Oneida Street
    Oswego, New York 13126

Send me some plants! No bombs though unless they are unprimed. I can redistribute unarmed bombs. I already know everybodys address, snicker.

I see the sense of both sides of this. Play it as you feel it.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PinguiculaMan aka Joseph Clemens, Rabbit Street? How in the world did it get that name?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by SnowyFalcon; 09-21-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm. I, as always, would love more plants. I think it would be beneficial if the most generous sender was also to PM the receiver and let them know a package was coming. I am a little leary about packages I do not know are coming or who they are from. It happens.

Rose Witt
    819 University St
    Hastings, NE 68901

and thanks for anything that my come.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast