What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Purple Vft

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Does anyone have a red purple VFT. I'm willing to do just about anything.

Define 'red purple' for me. I have one that was given to me as red purple. Mine stays small with finely tooth traps that color up nicely. Let me know.

I think that "Red-Purple" flytrap that Wesley is refering to is also known as "Big-mouth".

Uhh, let me giv you the link. Red purple VFT

It is way down toward the bottom.

thats a big mouth vft as well , the website is great , i want to make a bog like that .

Try the Flytrap Shop on the net. He may be able to help you. I wrote him once about an old VFT of mine (28 years) and he seemed very knowledgable. VFT's are all he sold. My Red/purple Big Mouth is small yet, but I will divide it a little this spring. Good luck and good growing!!

I have a question. I recently liberated a VFT from a Yardbirds Hardware store. It is like Dente but the interior of the trap is a bright beautiful red. What is the name of this clone? I can't keep up with all the new VFT cultivars!! Good growing!!

It is likely to be a dente, as this cultivar can have red traps with enough lighting.

Thanks, so all it is is a Big mouth? Is it a certain type of big mouth?

No, Wesley, the cutivar name is big mouth and the red/ purple is one of its characteristics. I should stay better versed in the Dionaea, but sarrs are my passion. My big mouths cilia are purple too, and really pretty in the summer. Right now, of course, it's bedtime in the cold. The petioloes are short, but the trap can be huge. I like them and the Royal Red the most.

you can get vft big mouth and other cultivars of vft at cooks

Yea, nothing against PFT, but since they don't carry them I will probably get one this spring. Who knows, maybe PFT will carry them by then... maybe, maybe not.

Wesley, I have to agree with Goldtrap. Cooks has a number of VFT cultivars. I got Royal red and big mouth from him. He has some excellent photos of representatives of these cultivars, too. Go, Wesley, go!! Good growing!!

Thanks, I'm getting one in the spring.

Back