What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Packages to go out

Hey Icedragon I have very few bladders. Once they get going I'm sure they'll be much happier and look like they should.

If the thin strand is dark, almost transparent, green (with no bladders) then it may be carpet algae. It is a pest. I removed as much as I could, but it naturally grows in the conditions you will supply. If it is lighter green it is Gibba.

Copper,
I set up my aquatics in a quart jar for now with the dissolved peat and could see one little daphnia swimming away in it.What kind of yeast should I get for it?
I have brewers yeast I use for mixing my fruit fly media,will that work or should I get the yeast for making bread?
Mark W.

I have a large dark green one, a small light green one. I haven't seen daphnia of gibba yet. which is the light green, and which is the dark green?

Thanks Rose,my plants came today!I have'nt looked at them yet,just got home,but I will post when I get them planted.

Jerry

>_< I have not seen mine yet... I really do need an address to send shipping money to you ;)

...I hope they are not frozen in an ice block somewere.

Hi Rose - Just received your package today. I'll be planting them tomorrow at work. Thanx, muchly!!!!!!!! Jim

Darcy, my address is on page two.

Mark, brewers or bread yeast will work just fine

Wesley, light aurea, dark inflata

OMG! They came today at my house. >_< thank goodness I called home to check just now. I hope they recover from the cold. My Dad was so good about it, pealing of the "gross" paper towel, reading the names off and stacking them in the corner of my terrarium so they won't dry out, but get some light till I can get home. The comments of "where is the green bit, where is, oh my gosh it's like a dot but I found it.... Noooo, don't float away!" are just too funny when your on the phone walking someone through sundewling procedures, ROFL! Anyhow, all 6 are safely imbedded in a wad of paper towl in the corner of the tank awaiting relocation now
smile.gif
Hopefully they will not be in too much pain from the frost, but from what my Dad said, at the very least the larger ones should be okay. Cross your fingers!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Jan. 20 2004,20:52)]Darcy, my address is on page two.

Mark, brewers or bread yeast will work just fine

Wesley, light aurea, dark inflata
got it, I'll send you the shipping this weekend. I just hope the little buggers make it. If not, such is life >_<, I haven't had much luck with sundews so I am sort of use to it by now... at least I have good growing conditions now so it should be okay as long as part of the plants made it. I hate winter here, it's always when I cen get new plants, but 50% of them wined up frozen :p

Why must so many cool plants only propigate themselves in the fall and reach shipping size mid winter, lol.

P.S. My Dad was able to identify the first plant as a sundew, I'm so proud of him.

thanks copper for the nice plants they came so nicely although they had been outside for an hour because the mailman doesnt really knock to let you know ther is a package. but they were unharmed by it.thanks

My Utrics arrived yesterday. Thanks again.

Glenn
biggrin.gif

This morning I was moving mine to where they were going to live... I dropped them. Oh, it was terrible. I saved about half the duck and to the best of my knowledge all the bladderworts. If I had any dafnia in the first place, they are probably dead. Of coarse I still had some water left in their container so maybe they survived.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Jan. 21 2004,16:40)]This morning I was moving mine to where they were going to live... I dropped them.  Oh, it was terrible.  I saved about half the duck and to the best of my knowledge all the bladderworts.  If I had any dafnia in the first place, they are probably dead.  Of coarse I still had some water left in their container so maybe they survived.
o_< the water fleas shall likely return, they are masters of egg survivle.

...okay, I was going to wait untill I could write a gibberish post on how awsome the plants were when I saw them, but I can't wait any longer....so.... THANK YOU SO ULTRA SUPER MUCH FOR SENDING ME SUNDEWS!!!!

So should I send you $2 more,and did the leucophysalis berries arive in good shape?

Sorry, been busy. Actually, Pondboy, I think you have an Utrics that I do not. I will figure out what it is later and get with you. I will plead until you agree to send some, when you have extra
wink.gif

Pondboy,

I can not find your plant list. You sent it, but I must have misplaced it. It was a fairly common on that I do not have.

Back