What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some nice CPs to trade/give away!

Hey,

OK, I have two rhizome divisions of my S. x "Judith Hindle" available, and 2 N. x ventrata rooted cuttings available.

Although no trade is necessary, I'd accept a rosetted sundew or two if you have extras.

Goldtrap, Nflytrap, and Jeremiah, the plants I promised are ready, too. Jeremiah and Nflytrap, I need your addresses.

PM me if you're interested in the above. The first four replies today get the plants. (The Judith Hindle is a division of a mature plant. You'll get big pitchers this year!)

Capslock

Interested in one of the Judys! Seemlingly common, I never got one! lol PM me later to arrange shipment and details.

Thanks Max!

What a kind offer! I don't need any of these guys, but thanks for your generousity!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
unclesam.gif
cool.gif

Dustin, you're all set up with a Judith Hindle. Also, Jerry, get back to me on which you want!

Thanks lithops! I'm just glad the cuttings of the neps rooted! This is my first batch.

Capslock

Could I have a S. x "Judith Hindle"?

OK, Peter and Dustin have the Judith Hindles. That means Jerry has a ventrata, which leaves me with one N. x ventrata left.

Capslock

Oh, I am very interested in the N. x ventrata. PMed You!

Thanks everyone for participating. DKiM128, you have the last nepenthes. All the plants are now accounted for.

Until next time,
Capslock

Packages were sent out today. Dustin and Peter have S. x "Judith Hindle" divisions, and Daniel and Jerry get N. x ventrata rooted cuttings. Oh, and Goldtrap, your ventrata went out too.

This is the first time I've packaged and sent plants, so please let me know how they came through the mail.

Capslock

Thanks for the Nepenthes!

Jerry

The  S. x "Judith Hindle came today!  Nice job with the packing, the plant came in excellent condition and looks very healthy.
By the way does the Sarracenia you sent me still need dormacy, or is it ready to planted immediately?  If it's still in dormacy when can I take it out of the fridge and plant it?

Thanks for the plant,
Pete

Peter,

Excellent! It lived outside, so it was dormant when I sent it. I'd keep it that way until, um, actually I'm not sure until when. Out here in California, we just keep 'em outside and let nature take care of the timing. I don't remember where you live, but if it's in a non-snowy climate, go ahead and plant it outside immediately.

Capslock

Nice nep Max,Thanks!!!!!

Jerry
smile.gif

I live in Michigan and in the next few days it's expected to go below zero, will the Sarracenia survive that if left in a unheated garage where temps will freeze the whole pot? As of right now the plant's in the fridge...

Peter,

According to Dustin, who is in New York, it should be fine in the garage, but I would wait until the upcoming freezing spell is over. He says his leuc (one of the Judith Hindle parents) survived temps below zero. Your garage is probably a few degrees warmer than the outside temps, so it should be fine.

Capslock

Yep, leucophylla was frozen to -20F last year....no damage to it whatsoever. Frozen for 3 days I think. That's on an unheated porch too in a 5 inch deep pot! Pretty draned tough for a southern Sarracenia. Generally in my expierence Sarracenia and other temperate CP's wll be just fine if they get exposed to very cold weather just sa long as it's not a long hard freeze. If it;s a 3 day freeze should be fine. Also make sure the soil is wet. Freezing drys out soil and yuo don't want a dry freeze, you want a healthy freeze.

Back