What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polocies of the trading forum

I have a idea,lets make a begger forum,and when somebody demands/asks in a non polite way,put the post there.Kind of a blacklist for people that beg.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Just kidding
tounge.gif
But it just might work!

Jerry

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have a idea,lets make a begger forum

I don’t think many of the good people here’s generosity would extend that far, cool85k5, even if it was tried

smile.gif
lol its kinda funny tough. A beggers forum that blacklists people that beg
laugh.gif

...my turn.
I'd rather not see the beggar posts.
Trade posts are nice to see if they are offering something I'd like, I'll check and see if I have extra of what is being looked for. I would not respond to a "Does any one have a (enter plant name) for free or sase?" Although a ""Does any one have a (enter plant name) for trade? I have a D. capensis plant to trade." and if I don't need the capensis but have what is being looked for I may contact that person privately and offer my plant for sase or free. (I have a few times already).
But most of all. I'd rather post a "I have 20 portions of so so plant to go to the first 20 replies for sase." and give my stuff away that way. And these times are coming quick as my stock grows!
I also like to watch who the givers are, and personally offer them my plants for sase or free. I think that is the number one reason you don't see me offer lots of give aways~yet~.
smile.gif

Andrew

Yes,it was supposed to funny
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Hi,
I agree with everyone.  I feel that I should definitely post as I am part of the problem.  This is an apology and an explanation to hopefully redeem my name from any "blacklist" I may have joined.  
sad.gif

Recently, I posted a request for Drosera seeds.  Beforehand, I looked around the internet and found seeds in large packets and for a price that I could get maybe two or three species for my humble budget.  So, what did I do?  I remembered these forums where many people share my interest and have helped me out alot with care info.  Originally in my "Looking for Drosera Seed" post, I made the request "if anyone had some extra Drosera seed, I wanted to BUY it from them."  I also said that I only wanted 5-10 seeds of a species.  That was really all I needed.

I was hoping, that for the same price of 50 or so seeds of only three different species, at 5-10 seeds a pack I could attain 10 or more different drosera species!  I wanted to buy off the EXTRAS of anyone who had it.  I never intended on begging for the plants of others.  I wanted to buy them from them.  

A moderator quickly informed me that I could not offer to BUY anything on this forum.  I was told to offer SASE to see if anyone wanted to give away seed.  So, I quickly changed it to an SASE request instead, and that is what most of you saw first, unfortunately.  I had no intention of begging.  I wanted to buy the spares of anyone who had wondered maybe what they were going to do with their extra seeds.  

I know that I wasn't the only one, but I know that I was the most recent one.  So, I truly apologize for being a part of the problem, and hope that my name -- Odysseus -- won't be looked down upon as one of "those newbies who beg."  After reading Tamlin's post I wanted to buy thank you notes and write poems to anyone who has sent me a plant in the past!  I do feel terrible about the outcome of my "Looking for Drosera seeds" post and hope I can make up for it in the future.    

Sincerely,

Odysseus

Odysseus,
To begin with, to get on a blacklist around here you have to be truly obnoxious.  Sorry, but you failed miserably at being obnoxious.  As for your post causing a problem, as I see it the "outcome" of your post is that new members now know why and understand why the "do not ask for free plants" rule was made.  This will prevent problems with posts for free plants.  As for your post, it was no worse than the others, and it was politely phrased.  You did modify it to comply with the "No buying/trades only rule".  I feel that no harm was intended, no harm was done and that some good did come of it.  Case closed.  Now let's get on with growing these plants!

smile.gif

BCK

Back