Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Capensis seeds for sase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've changed my mind about the seeds. But thanks anyway Schloaty for the offer!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

schloaty are these capensis blooming from this year or are they under lights which changes the season, if so how early do they usally start putting seeds out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fre8train,
    The particular capensis that I got these seeds from was grown outside durring the summer last year, and came in under lights for the winter. The seeds I am sending out are about two or three weeks old, and should remain viable for some time. Capensis, though, is one of those dews that doesn't care about seasons....it flowers and seeds pretty much on it's own schedule in my experience. Perhaps in the wild where it experiences a mild winter it's a little more regulated, but under lights not so much.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

cool thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Schloaty,
    The seeds arrived two days ago. I could come onto the net to tell you cuz the internet was down over here. Thanks so much!
    Could you recommend a soil mix to grow capensis seeds in? I'll plant them when I find a suitable soil mix...now they're just sitting in the fridge. (I must keep them cold, right?) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html312/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,
    Jason

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jason,
    Well, they don't have to stay cold, but I don't think the fridge will hurt. Not sure about that because I never tried it. Anyway, as for soil mix, pretty much any cp mix works with these guys. They're not picky. I have them in pure LFS, pete/perlite, pete/sand, and every mix inbetween. I think one is even growing in an LFS/orchid-mix mix.
    Good luck!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123