What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capensis seeds for sase

schloaty

Staff member
Hey everyone,
10 packs of D. capensis seeds (typical) for the first 10 replies. My addy is in my signature. Please reply in this post so I can keep track....

I'd love a pack, thanks! Bob

sase sent

I would like one too!  

sase on the way!

Could I have a pack?
Would it be alright for you to send seeds overseas, and is it worth the trouble? (Ilive in singapore)

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,
Check with your national importation laws pertaining to flora. I don't know if it's a problem. If you find out that it's ok, then send the sase. I will hold a pack in reserve for you until you find out, so let me know.

Anyone else from Singapore know?

rock.gif

Wow, Singapore! tiny country, big buildings!

I'd like a pack if there are any left. Finally got a chance to try another dew!

Hey Dude,

I would like some.  SASE to previous address.
Thanks, man.

What kind are they?

No, I can't recall any cases of people encountering problems with the law (even though the law here is extremely strict) for sending (or recieving) seeds here in singapore. Other singaporean growers like Cindy, Guqin and Jalan Kayu have recieved seeds from overseas before fine, without any trouble. Plants, on the other hand, would be a problem, as I suppose the goverment is afraid of bigger plant bringing diseases to singapore. I don't suppose the immigration could easily find out whether the thousands of envelopes they have to deal with each day contained seeds or not, and would not go through the hassle of checking every single envelope (that would cost much more for them!), so I guess they are pretty light on the matter of seed importation.

After all that, a SASE is forthcoming. (Phew!)
biggrin.gif

Schloaty, do I need to send you stamps or an airmail ticket, besides the IRC?

Thankz,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I think the IRC is enough....

Neprick,
They're just you average capensis. "Typical," some might say.

NFlytrap,
Yes, there's enough for ya! Just send off the sase.

Will those seeds survive freezing conditions? How long do they store and how long to germinate? Can you put a pack on hold for me? (i have to ask parents first, cant give away mailing adress to just anyone!)

Hey Finch,
The seeds should be fine through shipping, even in freezing conditions....within reason, of course. If you live in AK you might want to wait a few more weeks! These seeds typically take 4 to 6 weeks to germinate (in my experience), but I always get "late bloomers," sometimes 3 or more months later. I can certainly put a pack on hold for you, they'll keep for a while.

Schloaty:

I'd like to put the packet on hold for right now. Will have to ask parents on this. hoping to get it out by next week at the most(or this weekend). Hoping to send off yours and Wickedthistles SASE in one batch.

Hope i'm note to late, It's me kirk, if i could have some, i would love it, I hope that I can just give you my adress here 'n get some seeds :
Kirk's Koastal Karnivores
277 Butler ave.
NE Palm Bay, FL

I hope im not too late. I only counted 7 given away already. Tell me if If I am too late or not. I wont send the sase until schloaty replies sayin there is still some.

I still have packets....You can send off your sase's! (6 left, I think)

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I've changed my mind about the seeds. But thanks anyway Schloaty for the offer!!
biggrin.gif
</span>

schloaty are these capensis blooming from this year or are they under lights which changes the season, if so how early do they usally start putting seeds out.

fre8train,
The particular capensis that I got these seeds from was grown outside durring the summer last year, and came in under lights for the winter. The seeds I am sending out are about two or three weeks old, and should remain viable for some time. Capensis, though, is one of those dews that doesn't care about seasons....it flowers and seeds pretty much on it's own schedule in my experience. Perhaps in the wild where it experiences a mild winter it's a little more regulated, but under lights not so much.

Back