What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora

I can not wait for the other types of seedlings to get big enough. I need to send out the Byblis now. The plants are over an inch tall already. I have about 14 I am willing to send out. Four of those are spoken for, that leaves 10. Understand that these plants do not like their roots disturbed, but if you are willing to try it I will send them to you. Cost will be $2 for a bubble envelope or $4 for a box or a trade of course.

Count me IN! I will send the $2 for the bubble envelope. I would trade you, but ya have everything I've got!

SF

I sent you a PM regarding our previous trade arrangements. Send me a PM when you get a chnce.

Thanks
Glenn

yours are already an inch! mine are only like 2/3 of one. Post some pics!
smile.gif

Actually, I looked today and most are taller. eeek.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Historically, Byblis liniflora is very difficult to ship live plants and receive same, myself and others have tried many times. Seems they are so dependent on strong light that almost as soon as they are in the dark for too long, they rot away to nothing (dampoff).
sad.gif

Good luck.</span>

True, This is a risk.

How can the risk be reduced? Looking at the ratio of looks to posts of requests, I think people are hanging back. I would love to try byblis, but...

Best to send seeds instead of plants as they germinate easily.

Count me in, I will send you two bucks as well.

Yes, they do. As stated, there is a risk the plants will not make it. However, I have to thin out my plants so I figure it is worth the risk to send them out, hoping that they will survive. With the low number of takers I will send two plants each.

I'm still interested and am sending a SASE out this morning.

It's ALL about using the milk tops. Those caps keep the plant from being squished at all during shipping. That is what I suggest

Actually, with plants and seedlings I will usually cut plastic containers and fold them into a protective shell. This works very nicely. These seedlings are more the size of plants now. With these I am more worried abuot the root shock. I do think they have a chance though or I would not try. It is always worth a try to spread the plants around.

Okay, for those that wanted to take the risk, your boxes go out tomorrow. Today the byblis has been placed into plastic cups (like Neps). The roots were not disturbed. They took the movement well. hey have been placed back into the light for today. The boxes are prepared, but the byblis will not be placed into them to just prior to going to the post office.

Snowy -byblis, aquatics, and bostwana, correct?
Glenn - bigger box
biggrin.gif

Jim - everything I could find
tounge.gif

Fr8train -did you send postage and if you did, who are you?
andrew - byblis, aquatics, anything else?

Correct Copper... unless you want to throw in any other cool surprises!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Mar. 28 2004,5:41)]andrew - byblis, aquatics, anything else?
No need for byblis I have this growing and still seed to go.   Although, I don't have many sundews so if you have some of them--- or if you have any available pings not on my list. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/adnedarn/growlist.html

Thanks so much!
Andrew

Back