What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Nepenthus Tenuis, Clipeata, etc.

I am looking for several types of Nepenthus' to trade for (preferably), or buy. I am looking for:
Nepenthus Tenuis,
Clipeata,
Lowii,
Capanulata,
Ephippiata,
Albomarginata,
Inermis,
Jacquelinae,
Tentaculata,
and Ervillei

Please post here, or PM me if you have any of these!

Howdy, you may not get what your asking for because most of those Nepenthes species are extremely rare and most can only be purchased through a dealer. The only plants you'll have luck with finding here on the forums up for trades will most likely be

N. albomarginata
N. tentaculata
N. campanulata

The others are extremly rare to find a trade with, esp. N. tenuis and N. perveillii which will not be in culitvation for a while from now. Well, N. perveillii is but very hard to maintain.

Good growing!

Sorry to break it to you, but most of the plants you listed are rare and much sought after plants, besides many of them being difficult to grow. The few people who have them usually do not have plants large enough to propagate, so the easiest way to get hold of them is if you have a regular income. It also helps if your parents are paying the power bill it takes to provide the right conditions
biggrin.gif
Peter

But it was a close race. Also VenusFlytrapLovor you need to list what you have to trade and please stop offering to buy. I believe that this is a trade list has been mentioned before.

I have:
Venus Flytraps (regulars),
Akai Ryu VFTs,
and Sundews
...That's basically it, now you see why I offer to buy?

Hi,

Well I know you are quite new at this hobby. But please bear in mind that this is the TRADING forum. Not buying/trading or trade and buy forum, just TRADING.

Another thing is, I know you would like to buy some more plants (don't we all) but keep in mind the species in which you look for are very difficult to cultivate. I see you have no Nepenthes in your possession from the growlist you posted, you need to start out with much easier species firstly. I suggest the following as great beginner Nepenthes.

N. alata
N. khasiana
N. ventricosa
N. x Judith Finn
N. tobiaca
N. sanguinea
N. truncata
N. x ventrata
N. maxima
N. gracilis
N. ampullaria
N. rafflesiana forms

Try some of the easier species before you go off wanting to get an N. lowii persay and buy it then have it die a week later due to poor planning and lack of expierence. Start easy, once you master those species go to harder and rarer plants.

Back