User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sauromatum venosum & amorphophallus konjac bulbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey folks , last season my plants grew so well that they made numerous extra bulbs so I want to trade them for a cp or anything unusual . These bulbs are about the size of a nickel - quarter and will grow real fast . To find more Info about these plants go do a search on www.google.com and look at the pics too , these will be huge plants . The plants have huge stinky flowers and will flower within a few years , very easy to care for . I have 6 bulbs of the Sauromatum venosum and about 5 bulbs of the Amorphophallus konjac . Post or pm me what you have to offer .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMed you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI, i'm interested in one of each, but I can't find much info on potting mixes for the plant or general conditions. I have peet, sphagnum moss, and vermiculite. Would some mixture of those work? Will they grow in South Florida? Or can you direct me to a really good informational page on these things?

I can trade you a rooted cutting of N. mirabilis 'winged' if you don't mind waiting about a month or so for it to get a little bigger.

I will also have VFT seeds soon and D. filliformis var. tracyi seeds a little later as well if you prefer.

Jonathan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then , An easy potting mix to use on both of them is 50/50 peat and perlite . No water tray or pure sphagnum moss . They can grow very well in south Florida due to the high humidity . You can go to www.aroid.org for more info on the plants . I'd be very interested in the nep cutting and could wait for them because these bulbs are starting to grow . I might end up giving them away for shipping cuz there grow fast !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I will PM you

Jonathan