What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae for trade/giveaway

Hi I would like some gemmae.

Hi I would like some gemmae if it's okay. I don't have anything presently to trade.

zappafan,
I've got plenty of gemmae. PM your mailing address to me and I'll send you a batch.

smile.gif

BCK

I am recently staring my collection over.If you have any more gemmae left I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks Philip

Thank you Steve, just received.:)

Good grief, didn't you just send me the gemmae about 9 months ago? What are you doing to those poor plants?
rock.gif

Is this the time of the year for scorpiodes to go dormant and produce gemmae? A few of mine are looking a bit bristly, but i don't see any gemmae.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ May 20 2004,10:26)]Good grief, didn't you just send me the gemmae about 9 months ago?  What are you doing to those poor plants?
rock.gif

Is this the time of the year for scorpiodes to go dormant and produce gemmae?  A few of mine are looking a bit bristly, but i don't see any gemmae.
In this link is an excellent treatise on the life cycle of a pigmy sundew, such as D. scorpiodes. They normally go dormant in summer and produce gemmae in november. this is all new to me and so I am crossing my fingers as I await dormancy.

My Webpage

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D muscipula @ May 20 2004,8:26)]Good grief, didn't you just send me the gemmae about 9 months ago?  What are you doing to those poor plants?
rock.gif
The last gemmae I sent out were back in the end of November through January so it was about 3 to 4 months ago. As for what did I do to the poor guys, I haven't a clue. Only one of my two pots of scorpioides has produced this second batch of gemmae. They should be flowering instead of producing gemmae. They shouldn't need dormancy for a few months yet.

smile.gif

BCK

?

is still up? i know im kinda late lol

You're not late at all....6 years it's nothing.

Back