What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. scorpioides gemmae for trade/giveaway

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
I have posted this offer on the CPUK forum (Sallinger) but response has been slow, so I'm posting it here also.

I have scorpioides gemmae ready to send out to any takers.  I would prefer to trade but it is not essential
smile.gif
.  I will consider any small plants, 6" and smaller, except typical capensis (I have a bunch already).  Leaf cuttings are good too.  Right now I have 10 packets of 15 gemmae ready to go and I still have more gemmae to harvest.

Please, requests from USA residents only.

Hello. I dont have anything I can trade(still trying to slowly expand my collection), but if you dont have many takers, I'd love any leftovers that you could part with.

Thanks,
Scott

i have some U. livida i could trade.

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Scott @ April 24 2004,1:47)]Hello.  I dont have anything I can trade(still trying to slowly expand my collection), but if you dont have many takers, I'd love any leftovers that you could part with.

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,  Don't worry about having nothing to trade, that's no problem.  I've been there myself (still kinda am there  
tounge.gif
).  PM your mailing address to me and I will send a packet off to you on Monday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 24 2004,2:34)]i have some U. livida i could trade.

Rattler
Rattler, U. livida would be nice.  PM your address to me and I'll send a packet off on Monday.  I'll PM you with mine.

4 packets left.

Very interested! PMed you.

I have perennial sunflower seeds, and various vegatables seeds if interested. I would like to receive seeds of D.sc
orpiodes gemme if possible. Thanks JEN

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ April 24 2004,5:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Scott @ April 24 2004,1:47)]Hello.  I dont have anything I can trade(still trying to slowly expand my collection), but if you dont have many takers, I'd love any leftovers that you could part with.

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott,  Don't worry about having nothing to trade, that's no problem.  I've been there myself (still kinda am there  
tounge.gif
).  PM your mailing address to me and I will send a packet off to you on Monday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 24 2004,2:34)]i have some U. livida i could trade.

Rattler
Rattler, U. livida would be nice.  PM your address to me and I'll send a packet off on Monday.  I'll PM you with mine.

4 packets left.
I have perinnial sunflowor seeds or vegetable seeds I could trade if interested. THANKS jen

i have perinnial sunflower seeds. Thanks Jen

one post is sufficient
wink.gif

what seed are you looking for, BCK?

Seeds?? Du-ohhh!  Hadn't even thought about seeds Spec.  My mind gets set on a thought and I can't shake it loose 'till someone smacks me in between the eyes with the obvious
laugh.gif
!
Seeds of anything except D. capensis will be fine.  Nothing personal against D. capensis.  It's a lovely plant.  I just need to save room for some of the other CPs I'd like to grow.  I also need to limit myself to seeds of plants that can be grown in 6" or smaller pots during the winter or put in my fridge for dormancy.  My window will only hold so many plants during the winter before I run out of room
sad.gif

smile.gif

BCK

Hi J-trap/Jenn

Welcome to the forums.  
smile.gif

Do you know what D. scorpioides is?  And how to care for them?

"I would like to receive seeds of D.scorpiodes gemme if possible."  Gemmae is not a plant name...and gemmae aren't seeds.  Drosera scorpioides is the plant...the plant (pygmy sundew) makes reproductive plant buds called gemmae.

Just wanted to make that clear so you know you aren't asking for seeds.

If you're not familiar with the plant, it helps to do some research on how to care for them.  
smile.gif

Suzanne/PAK

Welcome to the forums! There are a few articles either pinned or in circulation on the forums an how to take care of them. BCK has also done a good job of providing growing tips for the gemmae. Here is one link:
My Webpage

hey i would like some D. scorpioides gemmae!
i dont think cuttings or plants will reach you alive because i live in singapore
right now i have just some D. intermediate Pasco Co. Fla, USA seeds would you like those?

Hi,

I'd love to try growing some D. scorpioides, if you have any gemmae left...I've got some D. filiformis filiformis and some small Genlisea hispidula plants to trade, if you're interested.
Thanks,

Nile

I have nothing to trade (unless you want some Purpurea), but I, too, would like to give pygmy sundews a try. From the article Jim linked to, I gather they plants don't need dormancy, but the gemmae need cool, wet conditions to root, correct?

@ Cynic81
If you have a spare purpurea it would be welcome.  But as I said earlier, trades aren't necessary.  As for the gemmae, I rooted mine in bright indirect light next to my south window.  The room is usually 70° to 80°f.  I treated them like seeds and kept the soil moist.  For dormancy, mine took a snooze for about a month or so last summer.  By the time I figured out they were dormant, they were starting to come out of it.
tounge.gif
PM your mailing address and I'll get some gemmae to you.

@ Nile & Cynic81
My schedule has been chaotic this last week, but I will get the gemmae mailed on Friday for sure guys. *crosses fingers and hopes nothing else hits the fan*

Actually, I'll be moving out of my dorm on Monday, but I'll PM you next week when I get home. Save few gemmae for me!
smile.gif

Sure thing! Good luck with your move.

smile.gif

BCK

Back