Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Free nepenthes for 5 beginners

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice offer Steve ;>

Btw folks don't get all bent out of shape. It is questionable if N. burkei is in cultivation except perhaps one plant that is coming from Australia. I would hedge my bet and say odds it they are N. burkei are extreamly miniscule.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay Tamlin, now I am curious [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/blues.gif[/img]
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]3) You MUST send me a description of the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you. Keep it clean, this is a family show!
    No problem there, I have enough stories I could win all five., The hard part would be trying to narrow down which story I would submit. Would it be the explosion I caused in Walmart? Or the time I was kicked out of a country? Maybe it was the time I stopped to help an elderly couple whose car had broke down? Could be the time I helped my Pakistani neighbor with his vcr? Perhaps it was the time I met Black Sabbath and PO'd Ozzy Osbourne? Maybe it was the time I wrecked the train? It could be the time I shot myself in the chest with a 9mm? I just can't decide which story would be my most embossing.

Quote[/b] ]2) You must never sell the plant, or its cuttings, you may trade or give only. Pay it forward!
    I think I have proved myself on that qualification already

Quote[/b] ]1) You must have less then 5 carnivorous plants. Be honest now!
    Oh well I guess I'm disqualified. So unless Steve raises the requirement to about 100 plants I guess I'll have to keep all these stories to myself.
    Quote[/b] ] Keep it clean, this is a family show!
    I couldn't tell most of the stories here anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 26 2004,9:46)]Nice offer Steve ;>

Btw folks don't get all bent out of shape. It is questionable if N. burkei is in cultivation except perhaps one plant that is coming from Australia. I would hedge my bet and say odds it they are N. burkei are extreamly miniscule.
    Tony is bringing up a good point here. The plants that I have labeled burkei came to me from a very reliable source. He has traveled and collected extensivly in SE Asia. HOWEVER, depending on who you use as your source for proper nomenclature, burkei = ventricosa. If you are a spliter, and buy the fact that they are two distinct species, then you should know that they are very, very simular.

Is that how you understand it Tony? Anyway, if it is truely burkei and not ventricosa, I will have more, it roots easily.

BTW, burkei is pronounced BUR-key-i

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ June 26 2004,2:16)]
    Quote[/b] ]
    No problem there, I have enough stories I could win all five., The hard part would be trying to narrow down which story I would submit. Would it be the explosion I caused in Walmart? Or the time I was kicked out of a country? Maybe it was the time I stopped to help an elderly couple whose car had broke down? Could be the time I helped my Pakistani neighbor with his vcr? Perhaps it was the time I met Black Sabbath and PO'd Ozzy Osbourne? Maybe it was the time I wrecked the train? It could be the time I shot myself in the chest with a 9mm? I just can't decide which story would be my most embossing.

Alright, Ozzy, you need to make a new thread called "Ozzy's Crazy Life" and post all of those stories. I'm very very curious now!
    Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it count if I had at one point less than 5? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    Growlist

We are perishing for want of wonder, not for want of wonders.
    - G.K. Chesterton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve-If N. burkei is a seperate species is deffinately an issue. Ch'ien posted a picture last Fall of N. burkei. It sure didn't look like N. ventricosa or if it is then it's and extreame end of the spectrum from N. ventricosa we normally see. I am deffinately not qualified to determine if they are distinct enough to split. The other problem is that many N. burkei and what has been introduced as N. burkei are nothing like the picture that Ch'ien posted and look much more like N. ventricosa. Deffinately needs to be some research and clarification. If your plants came directly from someone that travelled there then perhaps they are indeed the 'real' N. burkei.

Here is a link to the thread with pics for you to check out.
    N. burkei thread by Ch'ien Lee

Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link Tony. I think at this point its safe to say that the plant I have labled as burkei could be ventricosa or burkei. I just don't knoe for sure. They look alot more intermediate to me then anything else. Anyway, Thanks for the link!

Steve
    Steve L
    "I'm Lucky enough to get paid to do this!"

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast