What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn david in brooklyn(this is pondboys mom)urgent

Holy Snikes! That is horrible news!
smile_h_32.gif
I am soooo sorry I have not said any thing I just hardly ever come to the trading forums, only once or twice a month. My thoughts and prayers go out to Noah and family. He is a very respectable kid and very considerate, we need more ppl like Noah.

Best Wishes,
Travis

See if I recall the names correctly from our phone call last night...tamlindawnstar and um, um.....spouse? Noah received your very thoughtful gift and card, and is overwhelmed by the generosity of so many. Please understand if he does not get around to sending thank you notes very quickly and know that he is appreciative. They've postponed the surgery until Thursday.

Noah is very welcome, and he is to have no worries about thank you's or the like. When he gets better we will have all the thanks needed.

Well said Tamlin, I must echo that sentiment. We require no thanks other than a healthy Noah.

Hmmmmm, whats Noahs phone number? I might give him a ring if mom lets me........
And, I agree with you, Tamlin. Cheering up frinds requires no pay, Awe will get payed enought when Noah gets beter, Noah getting better is the only pay we need!
smile_m_32.gif

Um, did my cards arrive?
Dino

O.K I got your PM, noahs mom. Do you know how to reply to PMs, as I dont want to discuss everyhting publicly. When is the best time to call? Its 10:20 pm here now, how many hours is that different to over there? When is the most convinient time to call?
Dino
smile.gif

Send him my regards. I hope he gets better.

Dino, yes I can reply to pms I dont always get to this board. It is difficult for me to determine from your post the hour difference because the message says 4:20 but does not indicate am or pm eastern, central, mountain or pacific in order for me to see how it relates. He can receive phone calls until 10pm central time. It will probably be busy between 9 and 9:30pm as that is when I speak with him and his father. I am posting this at 7:09 pm central time.

dino according to my computer settings if you are around london you are 6 hours ahead of us

Best wishes to Noah, you, and the rest of the family. My family and I will be praying for Noah and a speedy recovery. God bless.

- Joel

Was Noah's surgery today? How did it go? I hope it went well.

The surgery to place the J-Tube took about 3and a half hours rather than the estimated 1 hour. But the doctor said all is well. The tube had to pass through the stomach and duodenum to get to the Jejunum and they had some difficulty getting thru the stomach due to a blockage there. Now, I am getting this from my husband and not from the Doctor, so I don't know if that blockage is something in the stomach or is it the artery that is wrapped around the duodenum....
anyhow he made it through the surgery and I reckon they will start nutrition up again real soon. Since his pic line came out I think 10 days ago he has only had soda for food, and has lost several of the precious pounds gained via the pic line. So hopefully things will be getting on the right track again.

P.A.K. he kept saying *How COol* in refering to the card you sent him! says he likes the new dog, too.
he also got a card from someone in the UK about getting better in a jiffy but could not read the signature but wants to thank you!

Dew, no offense but, do you know when he will be allowed home?
Dino

Dino,
He will come home when they figure out what is wrong with him, and are able to treat it. Noah and I hope that the mesentary artery syndrome was a result of the weight he lost from pancreatitis and that the rest of his illness has been due to the artery. We further hope that with this new feeding tube the artery will correct itself when his weight gets back to normal, and that THAT won't need to be corrected by major surgery. We are probably looking at a few more months. I really don't know.
smile_h_32.gif

The feeding tube splits into three sections. One is in his stomach to drain off any stomach fluids (bile, acid etc) and contents. Another is an anchor to keep the tube from pulling out. The final section goes into the Jejunum to deliver the nutrients and medications. They are keeping his stomach totally empty. The only thing he is permitted by mouth is an occasional ice chip.

When he does get discharged we will leave a prepaid postal box up there so that any cards etc can be forwarded home.

Oh god, few months.
smile_h_32.gif
Thats a long time, he must get really bored.
smile_h_32.gif

I hope he gets to go home sooner than that.
smile.gif
And, has he got a laptop yet so he can check out all the posts on here?

there are two laptops in the hospital and they have been trying to get him one for sometime now. the same person has had one of them for several weeks. I wish that they would at least ask him to let noah use it for a bit. he probably isnt even aware anyone else is wanting to use it.

You could call the charge nurse of the floor Noah is on & make a polite request.  If they are the hospital's then I would think they would have to share...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lavenderdawn @ July 31 2004,12:50)]You could call the charge nurse of the floor Noah is on & make a polite request.  If they are the hospital's then I would think they would have to share...
I agree. Or, you could bring in your own for Noah to use, Dew.
Thats if you have a laptop......................

Back