What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attn david in brooklyn(this is pondboys mom)urgent

Sorry for being ignorant as to how  I should contact you or even your user name.

We received your box and stamps today - only,  Noah is very sick and sent to a hospital several hours from home.  Due to having small children at home I am not permitted to be with him so my husband is.  I do not know when I will get a ride up to visit him to ask him what to do here.....
there may be a delay in getting your items sent to you as I do not even have a vehicle to get them to the post office if I DID know what I was supposed to be sending you.  The tiger lilly bulbs I can figure out but the rest of it....ACK
I will check back here to make sure you got the message and to find out if you want me to send your stamps back to you or if you are okay on waiting.

thanks
Dew

I guess I cant change the topic - I am editing to add that this is for David in Brewster not Brooklyn. my apologies.

is pondboy noah?!

this is horrible! give him my best wishes!

Sorry to hear that,I hope he gets better soon.

Jerry

I will pray for him. Is it pancreatitis again?

smile_h_32.gif
Noooo! I hope he gets better... Tell him I send my best wishes and hope he gets well soon!

Schloaty where are ya?
confused.gif

Whatever his condition in, please tell him that he has alot of friends here waiting for him. If possiable, please give us any updates.

Yes, please do. When you say critical ill do you imply that he is in the ICU. If he is going to be there awhile could you possibly supply an address (for the hospital) to send cards and get wells to. Or, for those of us that have your address, could we send cards to your home and your husband transport them to Noah.

Give him our best wishes. I to will pray for his quick recovery. Your son is well thought of.

Rose

Thank you all for your kind replies.
We believe this is a residual from the snake bite last year, he has had symptoms since before the pancreatitis diagnosis and since that has been "resolved" the symptoms continue and have progressed horridly. Yes, Noah is pondboy. He has lost over 40 pounds in a few months and is now litterally skin and bone and in constant pain. He is not at the moment in ICU but his stay will be an extended one. They have started a PIQ(sp) line to get nutrition in him that IV's can not give. He has been to several doctors at different hospitals, but it seems this one may just get to the bottom of it.
if you want to send a card I am sure it will chear him up emensely.
They can be sent to:
Noah G.
6E 42
c/o Pediatrics
University of Missouri HealthCare
One Hospital Drive
Columbia MO 65212

May God Bless your thoughtfulness.

David in Brewster
I have spoken with 'pondboy' and he explained to me where in the fridge the cp seeds are kept and he had them labled and ready for you - he also told me where to get the TL bulbs - so we are set to go, as soon as I get a ride to the post office
smile_m_32.gif

Hope he is on the up and up soon.

Take care
Joe

While I dont know Noah personally, pass on my get well wishes to him!

Wow, that's bad! Noah, we're all thinking of you out here in CP land! We can't wait till you get better!

Capslock

Sorry to hear Noah is ill and will hope that he is now in a good place where he can be helped. Please give him Tamlin's regards. I will be worrying about him, so please keep us posted. He will be in my Devotions.

You are quite a person yourself to tend to these small affairs of plant trades in the midst of your crisis and worry. But don't stress over it. I am sure that anyone expecting anything will be content to wait. You have enough to worry about as it is.

Hey Noah's Mom (Dew?)
  Oh my goodness!  Please, do not worry about getting the package out (though it looks like you may have done so already)!  Just please concentrate on getting Noah better.  He's a real good kid, I can't beleive he asked you to try and contact me like this.  
  Please pass on my well wishes to Noah.  I really hope he gets better and fast.

Edit: Guess I should have said first, "This is Dave in Brewster."

Poor boy.
smile_h_32.gif
Give him my best wishes and hope he gets well soon.
smile_o_32.gif

Best of luck,
Jason

Hey Noah's mom, don't stress yourselve up too much, deal with the critical situation first, like Tamlin said, I'm sure ppl would be contented to wait. RIGHT?
smile_m_32.gif

update

due to the gravity of his weight loss an artery has strangulated his intestines - this is the cause of his rapid decline these past couple weeks, to where he could only keep down small amts of liquids and no solids. They have started a PIQ line to deliver nutrients - and the problem should be able to correct itself as he begins to gain a little weight back.

I am so sorry to hear Noah is so ill. Please make sure he knows we are all thinking of him. And thanks for the address. Tell him not to worry about any trade stuff. That's not important.

And thanks Noah's Mom for keeping us updated.

I will be thinking of him...I hope he improves rapidly.

Oh no..............I feel so sorry for him.
I really hope he gets better. And he cant even eat, that
is really, really bad. Even when he is in Hospital, he still had thoughts
about sending seeds and plants to some ppl here like shloaty.
I live in England(Europe England) it will be expensive to send
a letter over, but I will anyway. I will send a card in the near future.
Keep us posted on how he iis doing.
Best wishes,
Dino
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks, Dew, for the update on Noah's progress.  We all appreciate knowing how he is coming along.  Please take care of yourself, too.  I have a card in the mail for Noah.  Thanks for the address.  Anything you can think of that we could do by long distance, let us know.

I hope that Noah gets better soon! Send my best wishes to him. I hope get gets better!

Back