What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free seed for sase!

Greetings Folks -

This is my first post on the Terra Forum so I want to offer some extra seed for a SASE. Quantities are limited so please PM me with your requests and I will reply back with an order confirmation and my snail mail address. This offer good to US patrons only. Sorry!

Drosera:
*aliceae - 3 packs
*anglica (CA x HI) - 10 packs
*burmanii - 13 packs
*madagascariensis Rhodesia form - 8 packs. Will have more in the next few weeks.
*peltata - 5 packs
*venusta - 10 packs
*Byblis liniflora - 20+ seed per pack/9 packs
*Pinguicula lusitanica - 15 packs
*VFT Green Dragon - 7 packs
*VFT typical - 6 packs

That's all I have at the moment. Hope you enjoy.
Thanks

Phil Faulisi

Hi Phil,

Very generous and welcome to the boards. I am sure there are alot of folks that can benefit from your knowledge.

Tony

Hey phil......one question...how can you have seeds from a green dragon??

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]how can you have seeds from a green dragon??
To be a bit more explicit, if you selfed your "Green Dragon" you should never call the seed or seedling offspring "Green Dragon". They should be called "Green Dragon" x "Green Dragon" or more simply, "Green Dragon" F2. Most of the resulting offspring will not have the same characteristics and naming them as the parent cultivar will add great confusion. Cultivars should only be reproduced asexually (cloned).

Sorry, philcula, I need not give you that lecture. It was for the benefit of others.

Bob, would the green dragon x green dragon look like a typical or a green dragon? PM'ed you too phil

I have never tried seed from a "Green Dragon" plant, but I have selfed and grown seed from 'Red Dragon' x 'Red Dragon' and all of the resulting seedlings were red like the parent. Because the 'Red Dragon' seedlings are red, I think it is likely that many of the plants being traded as 'Red Dragon' are not from the original clone. I think that may be the reason that there are many reports that their 'Red Dragon' plants are disappointingly small. We had a post discussing this point a few months ago.

I would be interested observations from anyone that has grown "Green Dragon" F2 seedlings.

Pm'd you

PM'd ya.

PM'd you

Thanks

Thank you so much Phil for such a generous offer.
smile.gif
Welcome to the forums. I PMed you too.

Hi -

Bear with me as I try to answer all  the emails I have from everyone. I just got in from work and it will take me a while. My appologies.

Also...the vft Green Dragon are actually Green Dragon x self. The seed was just harvested 2 days ago. All of the seed I offered has just been harvested. I think I failed to mention that before.

I would also like to share some personal observations on the Geen Dragon x self seed.I harvested the seed from several large tc clones growing in my outdoor bogs. These were the only clones I allowed to flower this season so I am 100% certain of the purity of the cross.So the seed can be labeled vft Green Dragon F2 as was mentioned before. Thanks again for pointing that out. I have on several occasions grown this plant from seed. In fact I have very few named vft clones. My entire collection was produced entirely from seed.

In every case of growing out seed from Green Dragon selfings I have had 100% plants look almost eactly like the true Green Dragon clone, only in varying shades of red/green. In all cases the petioles were red and the traps were red with green edges and dark red teeth while some plants had more of a purple/black trap edged in green. All plants were grown in the same conditions in the same community flat.

I am also growing 100 or so Red Pirana F2 from seed collected from a tc clone. Every single plant is deep red with thin, rigid petioles (like Red P) and is dentate, but it's the teeth this time that are different. Some are showing greater serration than others, but they all have it.

There is a possibility that I was lucky in obtaining such like patterns in these crossings. I'm not sure what I should have expected. I suppose if I had sown more seed I would have seen a greater degree of varieation. You're guess is as good as mine.

Cheers all
smile.gif

Phil

Hi folks -

All seed is currently spoken for. Thanks for your interest.

Phil

'This is the hallmark of a great grower', a wise man once said. Wonder how many ppl have started off in Terraforums giving away a load of seed.
smile_l_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Thanks for your kindness to this forum,
Jason

What a start in terraforums! WElcome!

thanks for the kind offers, i pmed yuu!

Hey, I...........lol. How many times has somebody not been on the pc for 24 hours and stumble across something like this..and it's all over?

mad.gif

Anyway, nice to see you on here, Phil.

Cheers,

Joe

Lol, happens quite frequently for me. Oh well, early bird gets the worm and all I suppose. ;)

Back