What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK. I will have enough for everyone on this list so far. So Joe and Chrono, you are in.
I guess whatever you send for SASE is what you will get back. So please make
sure you use enough postage and/or write hand cancel. That would really help
me out.

So how many seeds should I expect per pod? Does anyone know how much
genetic variation there is in one pod compared to other pods? I think I will
just send one pod per person. I hope that is enough seed.

I think two seed/person is enough, as opposed to none, so i imagine everyooe will be greatful for whatever they get.
Thanks for being so generous!

Joe

WOO HOO! I guess I was just in time. ^_^ Thanks again.

Yeah, even two nep seeds are precious to the newbie.

I thought everyone might like to take a look at what they are getting. I cracked open the first pod today. Here are most of the seeds from one pod:
398Nep_seed.JPG

Also a dried out pitcher from mama, (she has been working hard producing the seed and has not opened any new pitchers for me lately):
398Vent_mama.JPG

And here is the proud father:
398ventricosa1-med.JPG

Time for round 2. Having assessed the situation, I have enough pods for 20 more people. Please post here and send me an SASE. I am still interested in any trades and will send at least 2 pods/trade (let me know if you want more).

Wow, that's a lot of seeds from one pod! Very cool, Steve.

BTW, I harvested the P. lusitanica seed today, so that should be sent out to you as soon as your SASE arrives.

Capslock

Looks great steve! I'm getting all excited now!!
thanx again bud,

-Juan-Carlos

I may be interested....are they really as slow as media makes them out to be?

The parents look really nice! Those seeds look weird though. That's the first time I've ever seen a nep seed. ^_^ Thanks again!....and again!

do you happen to have anymore? ill pm you

Yes I have lots more. Send me an SASE and I will send you some seed.

seeds came today thanx. sorry about lack of extra postage on the sase. i saw the post about you wanting the extra after i had mailed it.

thanx

Hi Steve,
Well, I guess I can no longer hold back! I will send you a s.a.s.e. I can also send you some habenero and/or scotch bonnet habenero seeds if you like. That's all I have available at the moment....

Hey steve! I recived the seeds today! Than a bunch buddy!!

-Juan-Carlos
Ps. I didnt know you needed more tha a stamp sorry... thanx for putting the extra buddy.

Thanks for the offer David, but no habenero seeds will be necessary. I still have my tonsils and feel no need to burn them out.

The pods are getting dark and starting to break open, so if anyone else wants fresh seeds, get those SASEs to me quickly.

I was reading that the seeds arent viable long, and do refrigerate well, so I sowed them all on peat/perlite mix painstakenly one by one placed the seeds in rows(took a while lol) And the tray has a "greenhouse" top I have it under flourecents and warm. sound good?
I'll get a pic.

-Juan-Carlos
Miami Florida
www.jcreef.bravehost.com

Thanx again Steve

Got mine today, too! Thanks Steve! I'll post pics as (if) they grow.

Capslock

I'm interested if they are still available.
SASE on the way.
Thanks!

Back