What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any hibiscus nuts in here?

i have several varieties of a Hibiscus species in seed form if anyone is interested. this offer is open to US residents with the exception of those in California or Arizona........ sorry but dont get mad at me take it up with your departments of agriculture, they say you cant have it. please dont ask me to send them to you cause i wont........pm me for details

woah is hibuscus a drug or something?

no this one is technically a fiber crop. dont want to smoke it. it has silica in the leaves. i guess they are afraid it will naturalize.

Rattler

I like them they are beutiful.
I think you can eat the green pods?

that would'nt apply to Cp's leaveing A.Z
and Cp's comeing into A.z ?

no. its just this particular plant as far as i know. the only CPs iv ever seen restricted(other than CITES restrictions) is some of the aquatic Utrics. some states lable some of those species as invasive weeds.

Rattler

i ment as far as going back and forth INSIDE the United States. there may be additional laws when shipping to and from Hawaii.

Rattler

fwew
i sure did got scared there for a moment

thankx for clearing that up

He I'd love to try some of the seeds... By any chance o you know what this is?  I got a couple seeds from this tree it was a nice tree about 15' tall these pictures will describe it better.. is it even a Hibiscus?!
FlowerClosed.jpg

Flower%20open.jpg

Pollen.jpg

LeafTop.jpg

LeafUnder.jpg

If any one knows what this is i'd LOVE to know lol!

I am in Miami florida so zone 9-10

i got a couple seeds from the tree i'll be sowing i the next few days or so.. lets see what happens!

-Juan-Carlos
Miami, Florida
www.jcreef.bravehost.com

not sure what that is Juan. im alil busy at the moment but ill PM you the details sometime later today about my seeds.

Rattler

Hey Rattler, The iguanas in my neighborhood just love to eat my neighbors hibiscus flowers and for some reason they prefer the pinks and reds.  Only after they have eaten all of the colored ones will they start on the whites...must be a delicacy or something

lol ive read that. never kept iggys myself but have read a bit about them. seen pics of them chowing down on the flowers too.

Rattler

ha ha my 16 year old sulcata tort loves them;P Hey rattler if you want some seeds of that plant I posted pics of I could send you some.

-Juan-Carlos

Back