Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epiphyllum cuttings for trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well , my gradfather cut down his humungous epiphyllum vine because it was too big and he had to build something where it was . So now , I'm left with a bunch of huge cuttings that are flowering size . The plant is really old and it flowers every year , for example I just planted a cutting a month ago and now it just flowered a few days ago . This epiphyllum has triangular leaves with very short spines . The flowers are HUGE with golden and white petals . Theirs no fragrance but after it flowers it produces a large red flaming fruit that looks like a very sweet kiwi but with the cool appearance of a red flame . You can grow them in a pot or in the ground by something that will support it as it grows such as a wall , fence , tree , etc , it's an epiphyte after all . So anyways , i have a LOT of cuttings of all sizes , some are 3 feet and some are 1 foot . I'll trade you these cuttings for anything that not common so just tell me what you have to offer and I'll see what i can do . I'll take nepenthes or anything big but i'll take something rare as well and i'll try to send as many cuttings as I can cause I'm trying to get rid of them but their pretty expensive so I'll try to do my best .

Travis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm'ed ya buddy

-Juan-Carlos
    Heliamphora ... A genus that intrigues me and fills me with joy!

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure its an epiphyllum? Epiphyllum doesn't climb. Selenicereus among a few other non-common epiphytes are climbers. The fruit you describe sounds like a Hylocereus polyrhizus or Hylocereus undatus, and Hylos are triangular and very invasive climbers. Either way it sounds like a good trade.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it soulds more like Selenicerus to me as well. They are absolutely beautiful flowers and sweetly scented!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thanks for the correct id guys . I searched on google and I am for certains that this plant is Hylocereus undatus .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No cacti or succulents please , I have quite alot already . Although I am looking to further my collection of lithops or aroid cactus's .

Somewhat Unstable superimposedhope's Avatar
    Where the Slime Live; Where the Slime Breed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly do you mean by Ariod cactus? I do not mean to sound critical if I do. I am curious if you mean like epi or litho-phytic, cause those I do have in abundance.............kinda.

Joe
    \"There is nothing here of interest to any nation, as a matter of fact there is nothing here but humans!\"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well aroid cactus's are the cactus's that produce big stinky flowers such as stapelia .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast