What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have decided to offer seeds from an odd hybrid which formed with D. dielsiana. After discussing the possibilities with my associates, a tentative conclusion was reached that the other parent could be D. collinsiae.

Please be sure to keep the name straight, or it will cause some confusion in later years, and I would not like to see future generations of growers going as bald as Bugweed from the scratchin of their noggins. I have no plans on registering this plant, there are enough goofy named South African mutts floating around.

I have about 10 packets of seed, first come, first served.

Incidently, this is an example of how ID confusion can arise within private collections. Due to the lack of any reproductive barriers with many of the South African species, events of uncontrolled hybridization are always possible.

It's also a reason that growers should always check with their source to be sure their plants accurately reflect the appearence of the parent plants BEFORE they distribute the seed, and even then, there are no assurances that seed from these plants will remain true.

I don't know how the F2 generation seedlings will turn out, and ask that if you grow the material with success that you will update me on this.

Seeds are free for a sase, or will trade for bits of interesting minerals (I will compensate for any shipping!)

I also have available on request seed of Drosera binata should anyone be interested. Let me know and I'll throw in a packet of this as well.

William Dawnstar
42 East Oneida Street
Oswego, New York 13126

sending sase! can i have to packets of d.binata seeds? my friend would love some, he's in the caribbian now, but he also grows cp's..

sase will go out asap. Thanks =)

If any are left,may I have a pack?

Jerry

save me some! I want anything and everything
smile_n_32.gif

Woo hoo!

Translation: SASE on it's way, thanks!

hmm I'll try one thanx!

I have yet to loose power due to the hurricane so i'm happy ;)
-Juan-Carlos

Be sure to specify HYBRID seed if you want the mutt, and BINATA if that's what you want. Extra packs are NP with binata, but you have to tell me in a note with your sase.

Also you have to PROMISE you will use this name:

Drosera collinsiae x D. dielsiana ?

That's a lot of writing on a small label! Think you can handle it?

what's NP?
oh oh!!! I sent the SASE yesterday (it will be taken away today but I can't get it out!)
is it ok if I said I want the mystery hybrid and the binata (and anything and everything else you'd like :p) ?

Seed is still available. ALpha, I just sent you the hybrid seed, but I will send the binata in your sase.

Remember to include a note as to what you want. Also, as always, please take only what you plan on sowing and using. It's a heck of a lot of bother to do this all for nothing, so please stay realistic regarding how many species you can accomodate in your collection.

Thanks.

I didn't write down which I wanted in the SASE so when you get a SASE from me (Kyle D.) you'll know what I wanted.

i dont want any, cause they probably wouldn't germinate, but i just want to say thanks for the oppurtunity

Chrono,

Tell me again which you want.

Thanks.

Kirkcoast,

Why wouldn't they germinate? Actually, the seed is very fresh and should germinate easily.

oh!! and I think I have plenty of room. I have a bunch of un-used peat and pots because of the first time I had a "collection" and they died... now I've had my collection for a little bit more than a year (aldough I think my small VFT is older...) besides, some CP's actually LIKE being crowded... why? I don't understand but apparently they do
and... I can always buy more
smile.gif

Back