What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know of a source where i can find some

D. broomensis

D. petiolaris

D. cistiflora

D. communis

D. chrysolepis

Drosera madagascariensis

if there arent any sources well, i dont have much to trade but i do have things to trade.. as far as d.capensis goes narrow,typical,alba, k thanks!

All but D. madagascariensis are quite rare, and expensive if you can find them. These are not plants for those enrolled in Drosera 101. These are upper level course plants.

Petiolaris Drosera are self sterile, which means seed is not easily produced or often found. Leaf cuttings rarely take. Most growers who have these plants got them by ordering seed form ALen Lowries update list, and skillfully growing it. It too, is expensive, and you don't get much. I suggest you practice your skills before ordering this seed.

Drosera cistiflora is a difficult subject. I have yet to master its cultivation. It has a summer dormancy, and must be kept under proper conditions. It returns to growth in the fall, if you are lucky. I haven't been. Seed is occasionally available from Triffid Nurseries in the UK, but I doubt they will ship to the US. You might also try Silverhill Seeds, but be prepared for a very long wait.

Drosera communis and chrysolepsis are Brazillian Drosera. They need very good light, a rigorously clean medium and absolutely must have a night time drop in temps. I looked for 4 years before I found someone willing to share D. communis seed. I have yet to find D. chrysolepsis. If you are rich and have an import license, Best CP was at one time offering D. communis. Their min. order is 100.00.

I know of no one else selling this material outright, and there are very few traders that would be willing to part with their precious plants unless you happen to have something of equivalent value.

If you learn of any other sources, please let me know.

Back