Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree with inch long thorns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also a magic card, very rare one at that... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] what?
    PM me for growlist!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawthorns have the worst thorns I've seen on a tree, but that clearly isn't a hawthorn. Black Locust has spread just about everywhere and is a good candidate, given your description. But it's an invasive species and shouldn't be distributed any further.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will look up black locust and if it is I wont send it anywhere it will be invasive.... what I have is clearly not invasive in Washington State.... I think I know how I can ID it... a think Ive seen it before either in the arboritum or at the Woodland Park Zoo... I will go to both those places and see if I can find it again.... FYI... I have Palo Verde Tree seeds, as well that Im testing right now to see if they will still germinate, if they do, I will offer them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One inch sounds a little small for africa, many of the trees have thorns up to 4inches long on average see Camelthorn tree (Acacia eurolobia). Can't remember if this is the biggest..... Link to a picture [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok.. it is black locust (which I think is really cool)... which is native to the eastern united states. What Im going to do is look up its native range, and also areas where it is not considered a threat and I will send seeds to anyone in those areas... those elsewhere are out of luck, sorry.... but I still have palo verde seeds available

FTI I also read that the black locust seeds might need most of the winter to mature so they may not be read right away, I will send to those that want the seeds once the first pods start to open

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12