What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for drosera linearis

Hi everybody,

I'm desperately looking for drosera linearis seedlings/plants or seeds. As I live in the Swiss mountains, there should be absolutely no climate problems for growing this species!

I grow all sorts of other CPs, namely 70 species of neps, all species of hellies etc etc. So I do hope this world is big enough to have another enthusiast willing to swop (or maybe sell) me drosera linearis ?...

Thanks in advance and all the best from CH,

Olivier Marthaler private email please: o.marthaler@bluewin.ch

I don't suppose you'd settle or D. anglica instead? If nothing else, your request gets bumped.

You are going to have quite a long hard hunt I am afraid.  I have sought hard for this species seed for 3 years without success in locating it, until just recently from someone not on this forum.  I am not even going to try the seed myself, but will send it to botanist friends for their study and use.  The seed is infrequently seen circulating here, and I am glad of that.  The populations here in the US are none too large or secure, and cultivation successes rare.  This will explain the difficulty in finding this species in trade.

I wish you success in your trade offer nonetheless!

jimscott,

Your D. anglica would not survive the outdoor winter there. It is the tropical form.

Thanx for the heads up!

Dean Cook may have d.linearis. He offered me some, and I said no for the moment. I have no problems raising this species. Finding it, is another story. Try Dean.

Back