Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any pollen?...

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaarrrrrrrgggggg. Your 3 weeks to late for me! Mine has already decided to call it a summer and has gone to bed 'til next spring. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit: Is yours from PFT/Exotic Gardens? If so, mine is probably from the same clone as yours and wouldn't work anyway.

'nother edit: Whoops, nevermind I just reread and you say yours is a Multifida. Mines a plain ol' binata. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_l_32.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what's so confusing?
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm....all of the above?
    Growlist
    I'm back?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kiento, If you have two multifida which are not clones of each other then you can use the pollen of one to pollinate the other. Since a lot of plants that we have are clones, it gets a little trickier to find pollen that will work. Clones are basically copies of the same plant, so the pollen from a clone won't work. It'd be like trying to use the plants own pollen.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOOO!! That's right there are like...3 of em in the same pot and 2 are flowering!! YAAAYY!! Now lets hope they bloom at the same time..... how long do they stay open?
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they're probably clones. if it's so hard finding pollen from OTHER people, what are the odds that the multifida grown by the same grower, in the same pot, will not be a clone?
    sorry to be the one that brings bad news, but oh well :P
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Kiento, If you have two multifida which are not clones of each other then you can use the pollen of one to pollinate the other.
    Wha? Ok, now I'm getting confused. So it must be two different plants of the same species, so why can't they be two different clones of the same species? Do you need a broader genetic diversity or what? What I'm asking is this, can two different plants of the same species (ie.clones - from tissue culture) pollinate?

BTW, what is a definition of a clone. A plant that has a similar genetic identity, or two plants of exactly the same species? I'm leaning more towards the 1st. Someone help me out here...

Thanks,
    Jason

We are all the same? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img] I would like to testify...that maybe the level of craziness varies from one individual to another, like, say, on this forum...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A clone is propagated vegetatively from a plant and should be genetically identical to the original plant, (barring any mutation from tissue culture). So they do need to be two different clones of the same species.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast