Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox + games and controllers for cps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blah dee blah dee blah. They're gaming consoles... Not your gosh darn mothers. This is really getting sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XboX is an entertainment console, not a gaming console like GC.

So naturally, it can only perform gaming tasks. You will understand someday, those numbers mean crap and speed has nothing to do with anything if the pixels aren't wrapped. Don't be so silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Pixel smoothing isn't something to be considered when talking about graphics and how good a game looks. You talk about pixels, polygons, and frames per second. pixel smoothing (or anti-aliasing) is a feature that both systems have, both systems have trilinear filtering, Xbox has 8 texturing units compare to gamecubes 4, and, unlike the gamecube, has FULL SCREEN antil aliasing - even in HDTV.
    They both have anti-aliasing (pixel smoothing, or pixel wrapping), and the Xbox have more of it, those number do mean something, they mean the xbox has the capability to do things gamecube can't even try do. I think the fact that gamecube DOESN'T play DVD's is a drawback, and the Xbox is more a gaming console than anything else, it's an added benefit, the fact that it plays DVD's
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    umm as this is my bros thread i just wanted to say to all the interested members that he already traded it, sorry
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]umm as this is my bros thread i just wanted to say to all the interested members that he already traded it, sorry
    I'm glad for him and all the rest of us!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a FYI, speed is more important than "pixel wrap." It doesn't matter how smooth the pixel is if it can't push the right number of polygons through and your game runs at 12 frames/sec.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 23 2004,12:28)]Just as a FYI, speed is more important than "pixel wrap." It doesn't matter how smooth the pixel is if it can't push the right number of polygons through and your game runs at 12 frames/sec.
    exactly, and this from a game design proffesional

Gamecube:
    6-12 million polygons/second
    Xbox:
    116.5 million polygons/second
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wasn't aware that the speed was that significantly different between the two consoles.

dvd playback isn't a drawback, it's traditional to remain soley a gaming console and not try to eliminate the use of a dvd player and other electronics.

xbox is an entertainment console.

gamecube is a gaming console made to be inexpensive so that it's still convienent and reasonable for children for holidays as gifts and still be able to get a decent amount of games.

xbox is made for a mature audience that wants everything in one. it's an entertainment console, not a straight gaming console.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast