What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi,
I have some N. 'Red Leopard' for trade. These are a N. maxima x N. ventricosa hybrid from Exotica. The plants I have are tc plants at least 4" in diameter.You can see a pic of one of their mature plants from the site below.
 I am looking for some named Nepenthes hybrids I don't have or maybe some species(N. gracilis nigrapurpurea comes to mind). Heliamphora might work also.
 PM me if you have a possible trade.
 I apologize for not having a grow list .

Thanks,

Joe

http://www.exoticaplants.com.au/admin/uploads/redleop.jpg

i'd like one, but got nothing to trade right now, have to pass it up unfortunately
smile_h_32.gif

I have been in that boat so many times, I should know where every knothole in the wood is, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

You know, I would also trade for some flytrap variants and a decent sized D. binata 'Marston Dragon' or dichotoma 'Giant'.

Cheers,

Joe

laugh.gif
Tell me about it! That boat don't float neither. It just sinks and sinks, you get deeper and deeper.

Joe

you have PM
Arie

Hi,

I have had two requests from Overseas people. Unless I am really ignorant of something, I don't think I can do that. I have an import permit, but not any paperwork to allow exports, so I would have to say(unless somebody can correct me) that this is limited to the USA.
Not t mention the fact that I have been nailed by the USDA in the past with a $2500 fine, when I was doing things by the book (IMHO).

Cheers,

Joe

Do you have any pictures of the actual plants for trade? I have limited space for trading ventures but if the size is right, I might have a proposition for you.

Shucks, wish't I had something to trade.

Would you be interested in a few vft 'clumping cultivar' plantlets or leaf cuttings?

I can sure try and take a pic and send it to you. Not the best camera. Looks just liek the pic of Aarons when he first got it(from the Nep forum).

Joe

So Joe do they interest you?

Bob,

Wow, they really arrived in great shape!
Sorry about the pitcher that looks like it was squeezed, but that is how they came to me, too. I can't imagine they will look like that when it produces it's own for you.
PB, Really not sure about that one...I use to have VFT that did that on their own....never would have thought of calling them a cultivar (all of you who are on the CP listserve know what can happen, whether you agree or not with the arguements on that).

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Oct. 19 2004,11:23)]PB, Really not sure about that one...I use to have VFT that did that on their own....never would have thought of calling them a cultivar (all of you who are on the CP listserve know what can happen, whether you agree or not with the arguements on that).
As you know, there is a VFT named 'Clumping Cultivar'. However, as Joe mentioned, it is not uncommon for some VFTs to form dense clumps for a year or so and then eventually grow out of that behavior into a "normal" growth form. I would think that a VFT that warrants a cultivar status because of its' clumping form should maintain that form throughout its' life, and clones from that plant would grow similarly. I have never seen D'Amato's clone, or asked him about it, so I must reserve judgement.

Here is what the ICPS Database has to say.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]N: $[Dionaea 'Clumping Cultivar' {D'Amato}]
P: Savage Garden:66 (1998)
S: =[Dionaea muscipula {Soland. ex Ellis}]
HC: registration preliminary (standard missing)
B: ?P.D'Amato
Nominant: P.D'Amato, 1998
Description: Savage Garden:66 (1998)
"these plants produce clumps of rosetted growing points, which result in a mound of densely packed leaves."

Yes,the cultivar description is way too vague on this one:( But I`m pretty confident this is the "real deal" because it was received from a source(Rose) who wouldn`t just label a plant 'clumping cultivar' because it clumped. (I think) she would only call the real thing 'clumping cultivar'. But acording to the description any vft could be this plant. So it`s just too confuseing I guess.

Pondboy: If its been out of TC for long enough and is still clumping there is at least something odd about it.
smile.gif

Well that would fit the bill for a few other plants of mine wich are clearly not 'clumping cultivar' Lol! I meen my 'dentate traps' and "walmart typical" are great clumpers. Lol. I think the name should just stay to the plants that are the original 'clumping cultivar'.

PB,
You are absolutely spot on with that analysis. At least in MHO.

Cheers,

Joe

Back