Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seed

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seed will go out tomorrow, I couldn't get them out today, cause I have to attend a funeral. I am sorry for the delays, but everyone should be getting about 35 seed by the end of the week.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the seeds in the mail last week, and I got the 7th one back today. I am hoping that they will have made it to you guys by the end of this week beginning of next week. When you get your seed, please tell me. Thanks.
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mine- I'm going to stratify them in a few days.
    Thank's,
    ati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got mines yesterday
    Thanks [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine arrived. If you have "personalized"(including your experience) instructions for germination I would appreciate it.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too i need a instruction too, im confused if i should stratify them or not,
    Fly eats dung,plants eat fly, dog eats plant, asian eats dog
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/aznsushi41/Feeding/Fed%20Fly.jpg[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recived them Wes! Thanks a bunch!!

-Jc
    Heliamphora ... A genus that intrigues me and fills me with joy!

-Jc
    Miami, Florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stratifying seed my way: put on peat moss, and do not cover the seed with soil. Place a type of greenhouse lid on the plants and stick them in a cold area(a little light is good but no very much is needed). Keeping the soil damp-wet for 3-4(I did it the whole month a Feb, and just into March, but you can do it anytime of the year, I was just giving you a time period). This is a time that you really need to watch for fungus(you can spray them if you want, I didn't and it bit me, I'll tell you about at the end along with my other "mis-haps"). After about 3 or 4 weeks, remove them from the fridge and into a bright area, that gets at least 4 hrs of good sun. If you are in a DRY climate, and have to put your adult sarrs in terreriums, then your soon-to-be seedlings will need the same so keep the "greenhouse" going. If you grow your sarrs outside in the summer, then you can take the lid off. Keep the soil damp, and in a few weeks you will see green popping out of those little seeds.
    Now for my mis-haps, I was leaving my seed in my dad's garage, because it was cold out. A few days later, I went out to check on them, and they were baking in the sun.... this happened multiple times, and allowed fungus to run rampant when I put them pack in the cold. When stratification was over, I let the soil dry compeltely once, it WAS NOT good. I finally go the seed to sprout, and some slimy(it was not a snail it moved FAST) worm got into my seedlings and every single one of them, I was helpless. It was horrible.
    Anyway I was not trying discourage anyone here, just giving pointers on what NOT to do. I hope this helps.

Later,
    Wes
    ~Wes~

My Growlist

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast