What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed

Ok, I have the folowing SASE:

Jake
Joseph...(I can't hardly read you hand-writing)
Jose Padilla
Omar Diaz
Juan-Carlos Munoz
Rick Meyers
.... Infante Family(LOL)(I'm just readind what's on the envelopes)
Sam Grillo
Huy Nguyen

If your SASE is in the mail, I should be getting it tomorrow or monday. I will hold a few packs in reserve just in case. I did not give all my seed away, so you will be receiving a few extra seed. I hope you enjoy them especially since you pay like 74 cents for at least 10 plants. LOL Anyway, the seed goes out Monday morning and should arrive by mid-week. When your seed germinates and you can tell a difference between the plants, tell me if I added a few hybrids in there.

Thanks,
~Wes~

Wesley: Sorry about that. The address is clear enough though, right?

It was pretty last minute and while I can write neat, I can't write neat fast(just like in The Simpsons).

"I can do it fast, or I can do it right."

"Can you do both?"

LOL

LOL, it's ok

sorry you guys, I didn't get the chance to send the seed today, I'll send them tomorrow.

The seed will go out tomorrow, I couldn't get them out today, cause I have to attend a funeral. I am sorry for the delays, but everyone should be getting about 35 seed by the end of the week.

I put the seeds in the mail last week, and I got the 7th one back today. I am hoping that they will have made it to you guys by the end of this week beginning of next week. When you get your seed, please tell me. Thanks.

I got mine- I'm going to stratify them in a few days.
Thank's,
ati

I got mines yesterday
Thanks
smile.gif

Mine arrived. If you have "personalized"(including your experience) instructions for germination I would appreciate it.

me too i need a instruction too, im confused if i should stratify them or not,

I recived them Wes! Thanks a bunch!!

-Jc

Stratifying seed my way: put on peat moss, and do not cover the seed with soil. Place a type of greenhouse lid on the plants and stick them in a cold area(a little light is good but no very much is needed). Keeping the soil damp-wet for 3-4(I did it the whole month a Feb, and just into March, but you can do it anytime of the year, I was just giving you a time period). This is a time that you really need to watch for fungus(you can spray them if you want, I didn't and it bit me, I'll tell you about at the end along with my other "mis-haps"). After about 3 or 4 weeks, remove them from the fridge and into a bright area, that gets at least 4 hrs of good sun. If you are in a DRY climate, and have to put your adult sarrs in terreriums, then your soon-to-be seedlings will need the same so keep the "greenhouse" going. If you grow your sarrs outside in the summer, then you can take the lid off. Keep the soil damp, and in a few weeks you will see green popping out of those little seeds.
Now for my mis-haps, I was leaving my seed in my dad's garage, because it was cold out. A few days later, I went out to check on them, and they were baking in the sun.... this happened multiple times, and allowed fungus to run rampant when I put them pack in the cold. When stratification was over, I let the soil dry compeltely once, it WAS NOT good. I finally go the seed to sprout, and some slimy(it was not a snail it moved FAST) worm got into my seedlings and every single one of them, I was helpless. It was horrible.
Anyway I was not trying discourage anyone here, just giving pointers on what NOT to do. I hope this helps.

Later,
Wes

well im putting my seeds into a damp towel and inside a baggie, in the frige for a month, il take it out jan wish me luck

Tell me how it turns out.

I'll be splitting mine 50/50 between papertowel/tinfoil and natural stratification.

So if i stratify now they will sprout(and need light and care) in December?

They don't sprot during the strat. But when you take them out and put them in a warm environment they will

But they are only being kept in strat for a few weeks...not the whole winter.

I thought they sprouted during the strat, so what's the strat for then?

Nflytrap,
You don't need to stratify them the whole winter, just a few weeks, 3 or 4 works great.

Piranha,
It mimics the winter of their natural habitat, and plus they won't sprout without it.

Seeds are in the fridge nd I will have some explaining to do when the folks find it!
smile_n_32.gif

Back