What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia seed giveaway is now open

I'm just about done harvesting, so I figured I'd start this thing off.  Here's how it'll work:  you send me an SASE, and I'll send you a bunch of seeds.  Pretty simple, huh?  I have almost literally a ton of seed this year.  Based on how many envelopes I get, will determine how many different kinds of seed you get.  Some crosses didn't yield much seed, some yielded more than i know what to do with.  Also, I had some laptop issues that caused me to lose some of the information on the crosses I did, so there is some seed where only the mother parent is known.  Thirdly, the bees were pretty active this year, and flowers I didn't do anything with yielded a ton of seed.  Instead of sorting those particular seeds out, I put them all together and am just calling them mixed species/hybrids - open pollinated.  I'm sure everyone will get some of those, since I have an envelope nearly filled with seed from those.  There should be some very interesting plants coming out of those.  I'm certainly going to keep a bunch for myself, just to see what crosses the bees did.  Anyway, I like to ramble, so here's my address:

Aaron Carlson
505 12th Ave. W
Menomonie, WI  54751

I'll keep the offer open until Nov. 3.  Any letters received after that date will just get tossed (sorry, but I had some "issues" with a few late arriving envelopes last year).  I think this should give everyone plenty of time.  Also, no requests for particular seeds.  After the 3rd, everyone will get a random selection of seeds based on how many envelopes I get, and how many different kinds of seeds I end up with.  To get an idea of what crosses there are, you can look for the other seed giveaway post in the pitcher plant forum.  The list has changed somewhat, but it's pretty accurate.  anyway, good luck.

p.s. please remember to send an SASE. last year, a couple of people apparently forgot. i was happy to oblige though, but may not this year, unless it's only a couple of people.

Oh, wow! Just what I need! Sar seeds... I'll have many a seedling to put in my NEW bog next spring!

S.A.S.E away!
Woo hoo!

By the way, I moved this over to the trade forum.

Sarracenia- sounds like an awesome deal you've set up! My crosses were fruitful this year as well. Many people I've met like the look of a particular cross between species because they have an "intermediate" expectation in the offspring. Part of the excitement of raising sarracenia hybrid from seed is waiting to see what unfolds before your eyes as they develop and mature. Four years ago, when I was just getting started in CP's again, I started with a seed assortment and I couldn't have been happier with all the variations I received.

Many thanks for your generous offer. . . needless to say, the SASE is in the mail!

Dino,
I don't know if he'll ship to the UK....
confused.gif

Yeah, I forgot to add: this is only for USA addresses. No offense to the growers from other parts of the world.

SASE on it's way.

An SASE is on the way!

Too Kind!

Sase sent!

thanx a bunch buddy!

-Juan-Carlos

told a couple of the people that admire the Cp's in my neighborhood about your offer, so you should be getting some SASE's from them aswell!

Thanks again buddy
-Jc

are u gonna send out the sase after the nov 1st or wen u receive them?

i will wait to see how replies i get, which will determine how much everyone else gets. i'll try to get them out ASAP after that, although some will likely get sent out before others (I don't have that much free time!) I am hoping everyone gets their seeds by the middle of November.

Boy, my mailbox was literally bulging yesterday with all the SASE's that came. Look's like there will be a bigger turnout than last year. Extra thanks to those that included some seeds of their own. I appreciate it immensely. Between my own seeds and those that I've gotten, I just don't know how I will find room to plant them all. But I will!

Back