What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

yeah, it's true.  a N. lowii for trade.  it's G. Trus Madi with a 3-4" inch leaf span with numerous tendril swells and one put-out pitcher.  it is seed grown from Borneo with foilage, tendrils and pitchers that are unbelievably woody and solid for a younger plant. showing the hairs under the lid and each new tendril swell looks like it will be promising more than the one before it and there is atleast four.

picture of the Nepenthes lowii taken a few days ago(looks only better now)
TJHnepentheslowii.jpg

above-view of Nepenthes lowii w/other plants taken a few days ago(looks only better now)
TJHaboveterrariumright001.jpg

now, reason for trading off this plant is that i simply do not have the money to build a highland grow chamber and i want the best for this plant and i know most of you here could give it a good home.

i will look at any nepenthes offers.  what i am looking for in particular though is a Nepenthes bicalcarata.  yeah, i know most bicalcarata are fifteen dollar plants and this is a more expensive plant but as i said before, it isn't about value, it's about finding a better home for this fine specimen as it may be growing well in my current environment, but as schloaty said, it will eventually suffer and stress in it.

i'd prefer a colorful version of bicalcarata but any bicalcarata offer has a good chance of getting this lowii.  but other nep offers are more than welcomed but i am more likely to trade with you if i were to see a picture of the plant.  but, send offers away.

thanks.

confused.gif

i would've sworn someone would've taken to this offer and spared a bicalcarata (which i prefer to be a smaller specimen that is past the juvenile phase but isn't large) for this lowii.

hmm, did i mention there is a lowii seedling that comes along with it?
smile_n_32.gif

There is? Man I don't have a bic tho....

well, make an offer mate, if someone with a bicalcarata doesn't show up soon, whomever has the most interesting offer gets it.

Well I don't have any extra rooted neps except the ones you already have. I'm not having much luck with this batch of cuttings so I don't want to send any out. Though if you have any other seedings you want to trade I have some other stuff.

I'd really like one. I don't know what to offer you though, so check out my growlist and tell me what your interested in. i have an extra capensis...

P. primuliflora plantlets and U. gibba cuttings? LOL!!!!

any interest in a bicalcarata x ampullaria? basically looks like a bical w/o the fangs and not quite the same size as your lowi but since no one else has offered.

Rattler

lol, yeah, i was gonna buy it but umm, yeah, i got word not to for reasons left unsaid so that the distributor's name is not dirtied.

I've never had a problem with the seller.

Jerry

That seller is great. I went up to his nursery over the summer. He showed me around the place and let me buys some plants cheaper then on his site. Very kind man.

Yeah, I don't know what leafedwellsofwater is talking about, He has been a very nice generous person and his plants are great quality for the price. Heck, he had a oreophila giveaway a pretty long time ago. Without him, I'm not sure where everyone would get the "rarer" plants from.

i have ordered from him. in fact i just won two neps from him. they are decent priced but the ones ive gotten have been on the small side. check the size on that lowi. some he sells are only a few inches across. but like was stated for the $$ they aint to bad.

Rattler

Thats the fun of it,watching them grow.I would rather get a small plant than a big plant anyway.

Jerry

It's starting at $9.99, but has 6 days left.  It will not stay there.  I have a cutting of gracilis "Nigrapurpurea", but it is not what your looking for and not an even trade.

Dean is a very fair trader and seller. I have purchased from him a number of times and always received a healthy specimen or the plant that I ordered.

just from reading the second page of this post i could tell its cooks. He is a very nice person and i also had recieved an oreophila from him. He always has nice healthy and large plants.

Dean is an awesome guy. I don't want this to be a testimonial page about him but it is nice to see so many people do support him. I did a trade with him of rare Drosera gemmae for 2 Nepenthes that were fairly uncommon.

Back