Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devil's trumpet seeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably brugmansia which is related to datura, has similar flowers and leaves but has a woody stem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys, I found out that this is Datura innoxia. Actually found it while searching for angel's trumpet. Hmmm.

I saw them on the net with both white and purple flowers. The seeds I have are the white flowered kind.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is alright. I have this under sontrol. I have fooled Dave into sending me some seed. I will germinate it and run test on the plant. He may just be the newest thing in drug trafficking.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home > Plants & Seeds > Seeds > Perennials > A-D > Angel's Trumpet (Datura inoxia)

Angel's Trumpet, a native of Mexico and the southwestern United States, is a tropical perennial once associated with Indian religious rights. Also called Indian Apple or Sacred Datura, this spectacular ornamental was acclaimed "very splendid" by Boston seedman Joseph Breck.
    Angel's Trumpet grows three to five feet in full sun with ten inch leaves and seven inch flowers. These fragrant pure white, trumpet-shaped blossoms only open in the evening or on cloudy days. The spiny, ball-shaped fruit, poisonous like most Datura species, is also highly ornamental. USDA Zones 6-9.

Also the flower made famous in the Georgia O'keeffe painting.
    I remain a man obsessed with a genus
    Brooks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with the us zones 6-9. I'm in zone 5, and it does fine...Comes back every year.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Copper @ Oct. 27 2004,8:43)]It is alright. I have this under sontrol. I have fooled Dave into sending me some seed. I will germinate it and run test on the plant. He may just be the newest thing in drug trafficking.
    Eh? You wouldn`t arrest DAVE would you Besides it`s only illegle if you make the halucinagenic "tea" from it`s seeds. And did you know that unripe mullberrys as well as 'heavenly blue' morning glory have the equivelent of lsd in them? And you can get them at garden stores.....
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Dave it could be they are acting like anuals as they often do,or that they are slightly hardier then what the seed catalogs say.
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]or that they are slightly hardier then what the seed catalogs say.
    that always happens. I have quite a couple of "full sun" plants in full shade and they're doing fine. others say "high light" and I have them in high light and they're doing bad!
    like someone said sometime.... the best way to keep a plant healthy is to disregard the instructions
    LOL! I agree... you have to figure it out yourself.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast