Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D. scorpioides

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay folks. I was showing my D. scorpioides to a friend yesterday and found that (finally), after more than a year, they are all crowned with gemmae. I don't know how long i can wait to harvest these before they stunt and/or smother the plants, so if anyone knows i'd appreciate hearing.

In Slack's book "Insectivorous Plants and how to grow them" there are some amazing pygmy sundew flowers. I believe (the book is in a box elsewhere) that the flowers were orange/metallic, but i could be wrong. I do know that they were larger than the plants themselves.

So here's the deal: i want some pygmies with really big flowers and /or unusually colored flowers. I've done the whole nitidula/pulchella thing, including having them show up on their own in other pots, and they're cute, but i'm looking for unique to share my limited shelf space.

So if you have gemmae of some pygmies like that, please contact me.

If someone can confirm that it will be okay to leave these on the plants until after this coming Thanksgiving weekend, i'll wait until later to harvest them, which will allow me to accept a limited number of SASEs.

Anyone know?

Edit: Another question... do these things have to "ripen" or something? They're very firmly attached right now.
    There's no 'a' in perlite.

My Growlist
    NECPS.org - New England CP growers unite!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathan,

What is SASE? I have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (StifflerMichael @ Nov. 22 2004,11:58)]Nathan,

What is SASE? I have no idea.
    Geez Mike

You're such a n00bie! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

See the top of the Trading Post forum? There's a sticky thread called "What's a SASE".

But in your case, since you're in town with me, just come get some. If you have a deep pot ready with peat/sand, you just have to come visit me and then sprinkle these wonder pills on top of the soil.

And Mike... does your PI know that you camp the Trading Post forum? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, I wasn't asking you for some plants, but.... Ha, camping the CP forums, funny. I think my PI is most concerned when he sees me filling up gallon jugs with the lab distilled water!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, that's all a SASE is!!! Geez, and to think that my dumb self missed all those chances. Live and learn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will send a SASE, if okay with you! Let me know, sire!
    Rick Myers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael, Michael, Michael...tsk tsk tsk....

Next meeting I make it to I'm going to REALLY razz you for this one...
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the word is that these are indeed gemmae, and that they're just not quite "ripe" yet, so i'll take a couple more SASE requests.

So far i have: my vassal Neprick, Mr. Griffin, and Mr. Harvard-boy-can't-read.

And... still hoping someone will hook me up with some exotic pygmies in exchange. Apparently BCK's secret gemmae factory has sort of saturated the market for D. scorpioides, but i can dream. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

My Growlist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast