Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frogs for n. 'red leopard'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one is a stretch.
    My daughter has been wanting to do a frog exhibit for her third grade science fair project for a year. I believe it's in early February.
    We have had a few of our frogs pass away recently, including Juanita [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] , my large female Cuban treefrog. I am going to bet that one was old age as she was eating fine and I have had her for years as a huge adult.
    If you live in Florida or warm places and have access to any live frogs and would consider a trade, please PM me.

Thanks,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know why the post always puts lower case letters in for the plants in the topic description? I thought I was going crazy and I made sure it was caps befoe I sent it(in the appropriate places). I know my binomial nomenclature, and I feel like a boob when it show up like n. gracilis instead of N. gracilis.

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better check the regulations in the state of FL before you do so.

I imagine that if someone lives down there they have access to greenhouse frogs. Nonnative species...tiny, shy and secretive and only comes out when it is dark and rainy(so seldom seen in captivity). Interesting thing is that they lay eggs on land in moist places where they develop into tiny frogs as opposed to tadpoles.

Hyla cinerea is another possibility for the SE US but again check the regulations esp. since it is native.

Why not just get a Whities tree frog?

Edit: Most states do not allow the collecting of native amphibians and the like for selling etc. unless you have a special permit. The ones you can collect with a fishing license are mean't for personal use. Again-varies from State to State.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see frogs where I live, but there's definatly alot of toads everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want water frogs or toads?I can get one or both for you.

Jerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to get a White's actually. Is it illegal to collect amphibians and reptiles in most states these days for that kind of thing? I had no idea.....Kingsnake.com is full of WC stuff for sale.
    I was really hoping for some tree frogs or some interesting aquatic frogs if there were any(example in the South, a pickerel frog). I don't want to break any laws, though.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Nov. 25 2004,11:43)]I was going to get a White's actually. Is it illegal to collect amphibians and reptiles in most states these days for that kind of thing? I had no idea.....Kingsnake.com is full of WC stuff for sale.
    I was really hoping for some tree frogs or some interesting aquatic frogs if there were any(example in the South, a pickerel frog). I don't want to break any laws, though.

Cheers,

Joe
    Yeah...some people are a bit dishonest as far as laws and supply/demand goes. Howeer, it is apparently possible in some states to get a business permits of sorts... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] (kinda like the "VFT permit") so they can collect and sell legally.

You might want to try African dwarf frogs-or maybe fish. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you dont want any then.Ok,just trying to help you out.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast