What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone want okra seeds?

• Thread starter Pyro
  • Start date
  • Tags
    seeds

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
So I harvested way too many Okra seed for my own need last year. If anyone wants some I happy to just give them away.

PM me

How do they taste Travis? Anything like a hot pepper?

Nope, nothing like a hot pepper. Instead they're quite slimy-sticky. I like 'em.

You can tell that people not from the south sure don't know what okra is!LOL
biggrin.gif
You need to eat some boiled okra.LOL

Jerry

I love broiled okra seeds. Oh, and it's all about some fried okra and scrapple.
I really miss home.

Fried Okra is so delicious. It reminds me of my childhood with my grandma.

They are only slimy if preped wrong. I prefer frying them but BBQ'd is good too.

They have a pretty earthy taste with some sweetness. Not really anything I can liken them to...

Don't forget you can't spell "gumbo" with out the O...kra

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ALLOSAURZ @ Feb. 02 2005,11:42)]Fried Okra is so delicious. It reminds me of my childhood with my grandma.
Ditto. My Grandma from Georgia used to make it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pyro @ Feb. 03 2005,3:52)]They are only slimy if preped wrong.

They have a pretty earthy taste with some sweetness. Not really anything I can liken them to...

Wrong? Who says preparing okra a Japanese way (intentionally slimy) is wrong?
smile_n_32.gif
And you don't have to be from the south either (or American) to be familiar with it!

I've got my own way to fix 'em up: Uncle Trent's Voodoo Okra-a true taste sen-say-shun!! Actually, Michelle has her own twist to fixin' 'em. They go great with Chili as a side dish.

(need an icon licking his chops)

Well don't keep us in suspence Trent, what is the recipie?

And Shok, I stand corrected. Though most people I know consider slimy as bad and therefore the result of incorrect cooking.

I know exactly what an Okra is just never tried them, never had the opportunity. Sound kinda like a tastless green pepper, with a hint of "veggie" lol.

Thats true shokuchuu,I was just teasing.LOL
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Hey hey hey, no offence taken from either of you!
laugh.gif
I was just teasing too!

supposedly i'm in the south yet I have absolutely no clue what they are.

I've had okra in the dominican republic. and i hated it.

What variety are they? I could grow them more easily than dandelions in Mississippi, but they're more of a challenge here in CT.

ah... now I know what they are and I don't like them.... but I had never heard their name.. lol

Back