Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sarracenia willisii

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was sent to me by a member of these forums a year or 2 ago; I have no idea the ancestry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 07 2005,11:21)]Ludwig, I believe it is a violation of Federal Law to trade an oreophila. I would take the time to check into those laws in particular. It can definitely be a gift, but I think trade is not allowed. Please check it out.
    How loosely interpreted can "gift" be?

I know that Peter D'Amato is sending bare-root S oreophylla with orders from California Carnivores over $100, and I can only imagine he has done his homework to make sure this is kosher.

If you and I trade several plants, and I toss in an oreo, prearranged as an incentive to trade with me, it is the same kind of "gift" that CC is offering... not 100% string-free.

Just make sure the person gifting you an oreo can (and does) provide documentation of their legal origin.
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We want to be legal, so try not to push the limit on ESA plants. Any from the NASC will be legal plants. With documentation. We won't have it any other way.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An incentive that is given for buying a certain amount would be considered a purchase. I would not want to chance the wrath of the ESA. We have it good right now.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12