What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Until my Nepenthes Ventricosa seedlings grow up and my D. Capensis seed germinates and takes over my collection I have nothing else to trade so here is what I got. A small Sarracenia purpurea that was a part of a botanical wonders package I got from Lowe's last December. I already have several S. Purpurea's in my bog garden outside (I just wanted the Pinguicula for discount so this plant was extra). I would be interested in trading it for cold temperate drosera that can survive in a zone 5b- zone 6a or non-typical VFTs since most my collection was wiped out over winter. The plant is about 3 1/2 inches tall long. Now this is my first time trading so let's consider it a bit of an experiment.

It isn't S. purpurea spp. purpurea, it is spp. venosa. spp. purpurea to my knowledge is not "commericially" distributed by the big TC outfits.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 15 2005,11:29)]It isn't S. purpurea spp. purpurea, it is spp. venosa. spp. purpurea to my knowledge is not "commericially" distributed by the big TC outfits.
I think AS has ssp. purpurea in culture
smile.gif

i'm interested! How about D. binata dichotoma (cuttings, i can root ifyou want)

Yeah, as I can recall I have only heard of Purpurea ssp. Venosa for sale at public places such as lowes, walmart... ect
Venosa's are more robust then their northern purpurea cousins.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ Feb. 15 2005,4:31)]Yeah, as I can recall I have only heard of Purpurea ssp. Venosa for sale at public places such as lowes, walmart... ect
Venosa's are more robust then their northern purpurea cousins.
Oh nevermind I'm an idiot. It is subspecies venosa. Brain fart for a moment as I've been attempting as I am getting a ssp pupurea. Sorry for the confusion folks. Nothing to see here nothing to see here...
smile_n_32.gif
ok can a mod pretty please change the title of this post to pupurea ssp venosa instead of purpurea ssp purpurea. Man these subspecies can get confusing
smile_l_32.gif

I see ssp. venosa in quie a few stores. I cnnot remember what one (if I still have it) got from lowes. Look at Don Schnell's Cps of the Us and Canada to tell. There are four indentification techniques. I cano only remember two right now but they are:
ssp. venosa has hair on the outside of the pitcher, and the margins of the pitcher extend past eachother when wraped totally around the lip.

spp. purpurea is in TC Sundoode? Does AS stand for Agristarts?

edited your title for you.

Back