What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have D. spatulata that is flowering like crazy.

Send me a SASE, and I'll send you an intact scape.

PM me for snail-mail address.

Oh, and if anybody has tips on how best to mail seed to make sure it arrives safely, that would be appreciated.

If anybody has spare S. psittacina seed or plant to spare, I won't say no to that... look at my growlist, and see if there's something you want, and I'll see if i have stock to trade.

I know I have available to trade D. spatulata seed, D. intermedia seed, P. primuliflora plantlets, D. capensis 'narrow leaf' and 'alba' seedlings, U. livida (starter plug), U. bisquamata (starter plug), N. 'Coccinea' cutting. Anything else on my list, I'd have to check.

dont know bout shipping seed. ive recieved it several different ways and as far as saftly there was lil difference. however make sure there are no lil holes for the seed to escape out of. i have found a real slick way of shipping Utrics though. i have recieved species wrapped in moist paper towels and various simmilar but it results in squshed plants over 1/2 the time. most species snap out of it just fine but it tends to slow some already slow growers down. so i ship Utric plugs in 35mm film canisters. no squishing of the plants. if the plug doesnt have much soil i add some damp LFS. unfortunatly it doesnt work for some species such as longifolia and reniformis but it will work with seedling Drosera and similar sized plants too.

Remember. It is Drosera spatulata Please update your files on this. There is a carnivorous plant spelled "spathulata" but that is not Drosera. It is Nepenthes spathulata
smile.gif

Andrew

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 22 2005,3:13)]dont know bout shipping seed. ive recieved it several different ways and as far as saftly there was lil difference. however make sure there are no lil holes for the seed to escape out of. i have found a real slick way of shipping Utrics though. i have recieved species wrapped in moist paper towels and various simmilar but it results in squshed plants over 1/2 the time. most species snap out of it just fine but it tends to slow some already slow growers down. so i ship Utric plugs in 35mm film canisters. no squishing of the plants. if the plug doesnt have much soil i add some damp LFS. unfortunatly it doesnt work for some species such as longifolia and reniformis but it will work with seedling Drosera and similar sized plants too.
Thanks! I had thought of using a 35 mm film canister (although I don't have any now, being an all-digital household).

Any suggestions on where I can find a supply of empty ones?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Feb. 22 2005,3:21)]Remember.  It is Drosera spatulata  Please update your files on this.  There is a carnivorous plant spelled "spathulata"  but that is not drosera.  It is Nepenthes spathulata  
smile.gif

Andrew
Thank you!

I had seen it spelled both ways, and wasn't sure which was correct.

I will change it in my labelling and grow list.

check any place that has a 1 hour photo lab. chances are they have a decent supply or will probably save yah some. thats where i get mine. we have a photolab here at the paper.

I just ordered some Sarracenia Psittacina seeds from Cook's. Cook's has em for cheap, $1.99 for 15 plus $1.50 shipping. Pretty cheap if you ask me.

I'll take some seeds if you have left over... slowly I have seed trays with seedlings all over heh.. a few more wont hurt;) pmme and let me know where to send the SASE

Thanks,

-Jc

I'd really like some too please if you have any left
smile.gif
Please PM me and let me know where to send the SASE.Thanks so much
smilie4.gif
*Trapper7*

Back