Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of d. spatulata seed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have D. spatulata that is flowering like crazy.

Send me a SASE, and I'll send you an intact scape.

PM me for snail-mail address.

Oh, and if anybody has tips on how best to mail seed to make sure it arrives safely, that would be appreciated.

If anybody has spare S. psittacina seed or plant to spare, I won't say no to that... look at my growlist, and see if there's something you want, and I'll see if i have stock to trade.

I know I have available to trade D. spatulata seed, D. intermedia seed, P. primuliflora plantlets, D. capensis 'narrow leaf' and 'alba' seedlings, U. livida (starter plug), U. bisquamata (starter plug), N. 'Coccinea' cutting. Anything else on my list, I'd have to check.

My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know bout shipping seed. ive recieved it several different ways and as far as saftly there was lil difference. however make sure there are no lil holes for the seed to escape out of. i have found a real slick way of shipping Utrics though. i have recieved species wrapped in moist paper towels and various simmilar but it results in squshed plants over 1/2 the time. most species snap out of it just fine but it tends to slow some already slow growers down. so i ship Utric plugs in 35mm film canisters. no squishing of the plants. if the plug doesnt have much soil i add some damp LFS. unfortunatly it doesnt work for some species such as longifolia and reniformis but it will work with seedling Drosera and similar sized plants too.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember. It is Drosera spatulata Please update your files on this. There is a carnivorous plant spelled "spathulata" but that is not Drosera. It is Nepenthes spathulata [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Andrew

-Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM'ed you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 22 2005,3:13)]dont know bout shipping seed. ive recieved it several different ways and as far as saftly there was lil difference. however make sure there are no lil holes for the seed to escape out of. i have found a real slick way of shipping Utrics though. i have recieved species wrapped in moist paper towels and various simmilar but it results in squshed plants over 1/2 the time. most species snap out of it just fine but it tends to slow some already slow growers down. so i ship Utric plugs in 35mm film canisters. no squishing of the plants. if the plug doesnt have much soil i add some damp LFS. unfortunatly it doesnt work for some species such as longifolia and reniformis but it will work with seedling Drosera and similar sized plants too.
    Thanks! I had thought of using a 35 mm film canister (although I don't have any now, being an all-digital household).

Any suggestions on where I can find a supply of empty ones?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Feb. 22 2005,3:21)]Remember. It is Drosera spatulata Please update your files on this. There is a carnivorous plant spelled "spathulata" but that is not drosera. It is Nepenthes spathulata [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Andrew
    Thank you!

I had seen it spelled both ways, and wasn't sure which was correct.

I will change it in my labelling and grow list.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    check any place that has a 1 hour photo lab. chances are they have a decent supply or will probably save yah some. thats where i get mine. we have a photolab here at the paper.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pm'ed you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast