What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting my givings early this year

Mine came in the mail yesterday. Thanks for your generosity pyro.
Just got it in mine tank today after doing the weekly cleaning.
If you could I would like the full location information.
Thanks.

For those that want it the location data for this palnt is:

South Tyrol (Italian name for it: Alto Adige), Italy

Bless you, Pyro, for having all the necessary location info. Always needed!

Hellz here,
lol, was looking at my plant 2 day, and i saw a trap ^^ it looked like a lil bubble type growth
does anyone else have traps on theirs?
Hellz

I have about 3 or 4 traps now, and it's growing at a pretty fast rate
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Mine still hasn't arrived
smile_h_32.gif
*Niki*(Trapper7)

i also have traps. the main shout is now bout 2 1/2 three inches long wiht one 1 in offshoot and one 1/2 in offshoot. thanks

BRad

I haven't got mine yet either, but my aquarium is ready.

The U. stygia continues to grow quickly. After 8 days, mine has grown about 5 inches. I wish my other CPs would grow as fast. On second thought, maybe not, because I'd then have to buy a machete and spend a lot of time cutting them back.

mine is also growing fast. the mian section is lil over 4 inches, with one 2+ inch offshoot and two 1/2 inch offshoots, plus two more small offshoot starting and the 2+ inch offshoot having a 1 inch offshoot of its own. and together i have about 10 large traps with at least that many smaller ones. thanks a lot Pyro

Brad

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Mar. 24 2005,10:42)]lol Peter, now thats a good one!
smile_n_32.gif
I actually seriously use tap water, for all my aldrovanda, macrorhiza, gibba, and inflata

I just use my lake water, and as an added bonus, it probably contains daphnia, just never really looked.

I just got mine today, I stuck it in a mason jar but I guess I have to move it since it grows so fast, I have a huge fish bowl that I can put it in. I tried to put peat in it but it wouldn't settle to the bottom, half settled on top and half on the bottom so I just dumped it out and put pure distilled water in it. I stuck it outside. When do I let the water evaporate out to get it to flower?

i guess idk about the flowering stuff but for the peat u can put peat on the bottom and then put a layer of sand on top off the peat. after that u can slowly addd water. the peat should and did for me stay on the bottom. that is what pyro told me to do.

Brad

I don't have any sand..is the layer at the bottom really necessary?

Hay Hellz here
heres a pic of myn,
248CP_009-med.jpg

lol its growing really fast^^
Hellz

i dont know if it is neccicary but i probibly will help. does anyones elso know??

nice plant hellz, mine in defentatly not the long but has (it seems) many more offshoots.

Thanks

Brad

for the peat I dump some in some water and wait a couple of seconds so some of it falls to the bottom. Then I take a turkey baster (sp?) and suck the bottom layer. Then you just put it in the container and add water. once it has settled to the bottom you have a nice clean container you can put the utric in.
mine's also not as long but it has a couple of branches. I don't think it has any traps yet...
and I think I should add more peat.

Can this plant be propogated by seeds and what are turions exactly and how are they formed?

mine is 6 1/2 to 7 inches now.  it was 4 inches just two days ago!!!  this is not counting the offshoots.  thanks

BRad

Back