What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on packing nepenthes cuttings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to send off a Nepenthes cutting. I've only sent seed before, no live plants, so I'd like advice on how to send it economically and securely.

I plan to send a 2-node cutting of N. x Miranda, hormone-dipped and wrapped in wet LFS. The LFS ball will be wrapped in saran wrap.

I plan to put the prepared cutting in a cardboard box filled with styrofoam peanuts, and send it via UPS.

Is this what people here would recommend?

How wet is the LFS? I squeeze it until barely dry.

Other than that everything sounds just fine.'

Send it priority from your local post office, much cheaper and the boxes are free!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 10 2005,1:13)]How wet is the LFS? I squeeze it until barely dry.

Other than that everything sounds just fine.'

Send it priority from your local post office, much cheaper and the boxes are free!
Thanks for the tip!

Sounds like you're getting ready. I would go with priority too, so much cheaper and less abuse. Once a package came from UPS with half the box missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back