User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Advice on packing nepenthes cuttings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am about to send off a Nepenthes cutting. I've only sent seed before, no live plants, so I'd like advice on how to send it economically and securely.

I plan to send a 2-node cutting of N. x Miranda, hormone-dipped and wrapped in wet LFS. The LFS ball will be wrapped in saran wrap.

I plan to put the prepared cutting in a cardboard box filled with styrofoam peanuts, and send it via UPS.

Is this what people here would recommend?
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

How wet is the LFS? I squeeze it until barely dry.

Other than that everything sounds just fine.'

Send it priority from your local post office, much cheaper and the boxes are free!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (SunDoode182 @ Mar. 10 2005,1:13)]How wet is the LFS? I squeeze it until barely dry.

Other than that everything sounds just fine.'

Send it priority from your local post office, much cheaper and the boxes are free!
    Thanks for the tip!
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're getting ready. I would go with priority too, so much cheaper and less abuse. Once a package came from UPS with half the box missing.