What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible nepenthes trade?

i have an unknown nepenthes i got from lowes and i have it in a terrarium with lights and i just dont seem to be doign a good job with it, it hasnt been doing much of anythign in the way of growth and im worried i will eventually kill it but its still ok, i can snap a pic of it if anyone wants to see it, i would like to know if anyone is interested in trading a sarranecia for it. my bog bowl met unfortunate freezing conditions and i lost my pitcher plants, im not interested in any hybrids, and i still have a rubra so im also not interested in one of those, pm if anyone is interested in the pic....

Don't give up on the nep yet!!! Neps usually take a while to adapt to their new environment.
If the nep came from Gubler's ( 3 inch pot with a clear plastic cup taped over it with a label that says " tropical pitcher plant" with a pic of a small one), you will more than likely have to repot it. I got 2 of them, at different times, and both almost died. Turns out the soil mix was just terrible. When I pulled them out of the pots, the roots were almost completely rotted away.
I repotted them and treat them as cuttings.
the first one is producing pitchers now, the second one is too soon to tell, at least it isn't dying
smile_m_32.gif

Try repotting with 50% LFS and 50% perlite and keep it moist, not soaking wet, and keep the humidity up.
Good luck!

I bet it's N. ventricosa. I don't think they carry anything else

lets see a pic, I may have the same type.

i did repot into lfs a little while back and i think the roots must have rotted away as well cause they were basically non existant, what do the roots typically look like?

Back