User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Possible nepenthes trade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an unknown nepenthes i got from lowes and i have it in a terrarium with lights and i just dont seem to be doign a good job with it, it hasnt been doing much of anythign in the way of growth and im worried i will eventually kill it but its still ok, i can snap a pic of it if anyone wants to see it, i would like to know if anyone is interested in trading a sarranecia for it. my bog bowl met unfortunate freezing conditions and i lost my pitcher plants, im not interested in any hybrids, and i still have a rubra so im also not interested in one of those, pm if anyone is interested in the pic....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give up on the nep yet!!! Neps usually take a while to adapt to their new environment.
    If the nep came from Gubler's ( 3 inch pot with a clear plastic cup taped over it with a label that says " tropical pitcher plant" with a pic of a small one), you will more than likely have to repot it. I got 2 of them, at different times, and both almost died. Turns out the soil mix was just terrible. When I pulled them out of the pots, the roots were almost completely rotted away.
    I repotted them and treat them as cuttings.
    the first one is producing pitchers now, the second one is too soon to tell, at least it isn't dying
    Try repotting with 50% LFS and 50% perlite and keep it moist, not soaking wet, and keep the humidity up.
    Good luck!
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, wait, and wait some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet it's N. ventricosa. I don't think they carry anything else
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets see a pic, I may have the same type.
    Just remember that you are special... Just like everybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did repot into lfs a little while back and i think the roots must have rotted away as well cause they were basically non existant, what do the roots typically look like?