User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Possible nepenthes trade?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have an unknown nepenthes i got from lowes and i have it in a terrarium with lights and i just dont seem to be doign a good job with it, it hasnt been doing much of anythign in the way of growth and im worried i will eventually kill it but its still ok, i can snap a pic of it if anyone wants to see it, i would like to know if anyone is interested in trading a sarranecia for it. my bog bowl met unfortunate freezing conditions and i lost my pitcher plants, im not interested in any hybrids, and i still have a rubra so im also not interested in one of those, pm if anyone is interested in the pic....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give up on the nep yet!!! Neps usually take a while to adapt to their new environment.
    If the nep came from Gubler's ( 3 inch pot with a clear plastic cup taped over it with a label that says " tropical pitcher plant" with a pic of a small one), you will more than likely have to repot it. I got 2 of them, at different times, and both almost died. Turns out the soil mix was just terrible. When I pulled them out of the pots, the roots were almost completely rotted away.
    I repotted them and treat them as cuttings.
    the first one is producing pitchers now, the second one is too soon to tell, at least it isn't dying [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    Try repotting with 50% LFS and 50% perlite and keep it moist, not soaking wet, and keep the humidity up.
    Good luck!
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, wait, and wait some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet it's N. ventricosa. I don't think they carry anything else
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lets see a pic, I may have the same type.
    Just remember that you are special... Just like everybody else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did repot into lfs a little while back and i think the roots must have rotted away as well cause they were basically non existant, what do the roots typically look like?