What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for the following dionaea's

Hey, I'm looking for the following dionaea's for my collection-

Dionaea-
Clumping Cultivar
Wacky Trap (A long shot...)
Dingly Giant
Southwest Giant aka Slacks Giant
G16
G14
Red Rosette
Red Burgendy
Blood Red
All Red
Charles 'Big red'  (one of my top plants I need to get this summer)

-And any other dionaea not on my growing list.  

Here is the link to my growing list

peter's growing list

For trade I have the following-
-D. Giant upright AKA Burgendy Trap
-D. Red Piranha F2
-D. Big Jaws F2
-D. Giant mixed clones from Best Cp's (Upright plant)
-Cephalotus Hummers Giant small 1" diameter plant from leaf cutting
-Also alot of my lowland neps and some drosera's since they take up too much space!  So take a look at my growing list and see if anything that interests you

During the spring I plan on building a website that has pictures of all my Venus Flytraps and tells in detail their growing preference, growth habits, ect... so if you have a vft that you would like to have on my website let me know.

Peter,

Coincidentally, there is a thread below where Sib is trading Dentate and clumping, lol.

Cheers,

Joe

I've replied to sibs some time ago and we are still working a trade out. I just wanted to see if there are any other people with some type of clumping plant also since there are several different sources... I don't think that there are very many authentic clumping cultivars out there still.

You may be right. I used to have a flytrap that clumped, but since it did not come from that clone, I don't think you can call it that.

Cheers,

Joe

I have several VFT's that clump. Even the 'Dente' from PFT clumps. At least mine does. Clumps a LOT. So does the Green Dragon, now that I think about it.

So, to what degree does the 'clumping' cultivar clump? Must become a bush in one growing season!

I noticed that alot of vft's bought from petflytrap clumps alot in their first years of growth.  I think this is because they were produced from t/c so they'll still  have some hormones that make them clump more.

So the real clumper, is a seed-raised clumping plant?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Mar. 18 2005,7:48)]So the real clumper, is a seed-raised clumping plant?
What if you tissue cultured a seed raised clumper? Would that make it an uber clumper?

Back