What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phytosanitary checks

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So I searched around the old posts here and the usda.gov website, but I can't seem to find any information on what type of permits are required for mailing plants state-to-state. I thought I remembered reading that phytosanitary certifications are required for exporting and importing from certain states. If anybody could refer me to information on this kind of thing, I'd be much obliged; I have a few plants to be sent out soon and I'd like to get this stuff squared away in advance.
Thanks,
~Joe

you mean within the US? about the only state i can think of that may have restrictions on any CP would be Hawaii. any other state and your should have nothing to worry about.

Yeah I thought it was just if you were sending to a different country,not state to state,but I'm just guessing.*Niki*(Trapper7)
smile_m_32.gif

Anything except CITES restricted can move un-hindered around the states. You only need that for exporting not domestic. However if you are exporting then its something that happens along the shipping line. I think its mostly a concern when importing into the states.

Joe

Sounds good, thanks guys. I remember being hassled about having any plants or produce in the vehicle once when I was younger on a road trip through California; I figured that states with lots of agriculture like California or Florida might be wary.
~Joe

Back