What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic pipette dispenser containers

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Pipette%20Dispenser%20Container.jpg

At the lab, we go through ~1 container a day and they are just normally tossed out. I save them and then use them to sprout seeds, gemmae, and leaf cuttings. As you can see, they have a hinged cover to keep in moisture. It also has an inner container with ~100 - 1/4" holes for drainage. The container it fits into acts as an "open tray".

I'd like to offer this "grow chamber" as part of a trade or for new people who have nothing to trade. My grow list is a click away, if people want to go that route.

Just a bump. I have many accumulated if anyone is interested.

I'll have use for a few of those pretty soon. Keep some around for me - I'm going to make some Utric plugs (I see U. monanthos and U. dichotoma aren't on your list) and I could also throw in some D. capensis seed if you want. I'll be taking cuttings of N. sanguinea and N. alata x Ventrata shortly. There's probably more that I have to offer, I just need to go through my collection closely.
~Joe

Jim i would be interested in some. let me know what your looking for.

Jim, FYI. Those tubes you send plants in are just the right size to hold 12 peat pellets (the ones you add water too and they expand into a miniature peat pot). It's a handy way to store extra pellets and keep them dry.

This is an unsolicited testimonial. No animals were harmed in the making of this testimonial
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Hi jimscott!!! You are a green people, I love you so!!!
smile_m_32.gif

Joe: That sounds great. Um... I have plenty of D. capensis, though.

Sheridan: how about flowering sandersonni blue?
smile_n_32.gif
Seriously, I think we'll have to compare grow lists. I think you have Utrics I don't have, just from the posts.

Steve: Gotta love the innovation. Were any plants harmed?
smile_m_32.gif

Sam: Um... you're scaring the daylights out of me!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

i can do some extra carefull packaging and send yah a plug with a flower
smile_n_32.gif
let me know what your interested in. there are a couple i just listed that i dont have extras of(endresii and quelchii) but i do have some N. odorata and N. ulignosa, you SHOULD be able to bloom those
smile_m_32.gif

I have none of those, so that would be great. Thanks.

thats a good idea.. we use up alot of those at the museum... especially when we PCR.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ June 29 2005,8:26)]Joe: That sounds great. Um... I have plenty of D. capensis, though.
Ah, don't we all? I figured as much but thought I'd offer in case you wanted something to sacrifice to the stream or otherwise experiment on. ;) I've already planted three 1'x1' containers with what I've got now, with more scapes coming up soon. I guess I'll just have to unload them on the newbies... I'll try to PM you this weekend with a full list of what I've got.
~Joe

Sounds good. So, anyone interested in the boxes, send me a PM and we'll hash out the respective details.

Back